Accurate Music To Note Decoder.
Have not used it but it is for free and the publicity does not interfers so if the musical ear is lacking this could be helpful. COmes with Midi export and seems to work good on monophonic material as seen in the video.
To be honest before I was obssessed with this type of things but the last year or so if I compose by singing melodies and do not have a instrument handy I use a tuner and see what notes are being used.
Play Store info:
"Transcribe music is now as easy as record a song and see her notes instantly."Note: The app requires your android device to record at a sampling rate of 8000hz. If your phone is unable to do so, it will direct you to download a new app HD Music Transcribe. It has double the speed, 3 min of recording and works on all android phone, but still with the same accuracy! No need any speed change. Or you can download directly now at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appspot.downsample
I want to play one of the demo song of my baby toy piano. But there is no way song identification app such as Soundhound, Shazam or Sony and other music app could detect the tune correctly. They gives me something else unrelated. After trying every existing audio to midi/score/note transcribe app in Google Play and iTune Cloudscore, I could not find a decent music transcription that gives correct notes. As a result, I continue my search for the past 1.5 years (since 2004) and create an app that could transcript accurately. It is similar to a spectrogram but with a full piano scale and high resolution time scale. The search is over for me as I am enjoying playing the song to my baby now. The app produces very usable result for any song and instrument. Hope it will bring joy to your music life too.
I am surprised by the instant and precise result of my transcription app. I am sharing it for free. The demo song has been struck in my head for over a year. I know what it feels like when you have a music in your mind and you could not play it. It makes me want to create an app to decode the music. And this app could break down any music that is trapped in you too. After you have the musical notes in front of you, the music is released from your mind when you can finally express them on the physical musical instruments like piano or guitar etc. I believe it will help many people to find the light in music. And the work is inspired by and delicate to my baby girl.
How it work?
- It records your music via phone microphone
- Then it decodes the audio data into a set of musical notes
How to use?
- Tap record to start and play a music. It uses your phone recorder.
- Tap stop once finish or it will automatically stop after 30 sec.
- The piano roll will automatically decode and display all the musical notes.
- Touch a note for details on its pitch/frequency and musical scale.
- Tap 88 piano scale to see all the notes in the full piano scale
- Tap Trim scale to reduce the scale to your area of interest.
- Tap Play to playback your music with a sliding ruler so you can see which note play what sound. Or you can tap anywhere on the signal graph to start slower playback.
- Tap Load for past recordings.
- Tap Trim time to study in detail
- Tap reset time to max time
- Works for both polyphonic and monophonic music.
- Tap undo for past trim time and scale
- Export to midi file
I can see that this app is a significant advancement in automatic music transcription. The structure of the music score is clearly layout in the app without user manipulation (See photo). Each note has a clear start and end time. And the app captures burst of repeating or alternative notes precisely which is a nature of music. Such accurate result is not possible on existing music transcribe software whether on the desktop or mobile phone. It is the easiest and fastest way to transcribe music. Please correct me if I am wrong on my forum.
Support at http://celestialpiano.blogspot.sg/p/forum.html.
Download my other Music Transcribe App
- unlimited time recording
- Open any audio file e.g. MP3, Wav, 3gpp etc
- Pinch and drag user interface