Opened it carefully yesterday as it is like a mini-christmas for me and want to savor every last moment of the new functions and modules.
It looks like another winner!
Have not had time to fully delve into the funkiness but there is a lot of things that can be done with the right creative mind set as always when it comes to what Mr Nightradio implements.
Plus some very nice more traditional things like a second filter module with a higher quality, more midi control and import of loop points for samples etc.
And last but not least it is now possible to use it in Russian! So for people that know SunVox very well (and not living in Russia) confuse your friends and do it in Russian. Even better if the friends have never seen a tracker either as you can be appearing to be the most hipsterest hipster with or without a beard!
v1.9 BETA1 (26 jun 2015):
- additional UI language - Russian; you can change it in Preferences -> Interface;
- PalmOS and Meego are no longer supported, but you can always download SunVox 1.8.1 for these systems from warmplace.ru;
- Android: SunVox file type association (like in iOS version): now any SunVox-compatible documents (sunvox, sunsynth, midi, xm, mod, xi, etc.) can be opened from other apps (Mail, Browser, etc.);
- Android and iOS: engine is now optimized for OpenGL ES 2.0;
- new module - Feedback (see the examples);
- new module - Filter Pro (High quality IIR filter);
- number of MIDI slots (in Preferences) has been increased to 4; so you can use four MIDI controllers simultaneously;
- now any external MIDI knob can be connected to any number of SunVox controllers of any modules;
- now any SunVox shortcut can be connected to external MIDI button (Note, CC or Program Change);
- click twice (or right click) on the controller to open the new Controller Properties window;
- you can do the following operations in the new Controller Properties window: change, reset, randomize, write to pattern, assign MIDI IN;
- MultiSynth: new controller "Phase" - the starting position of the sample or the starting phase of some Generator;
- MultiCtl: new controller "Quantization" - the number of quantization levels;
- Sampler: new controller "Rec threshold" - the level at which the Sampler should start recording;
- Sampler: ability to import the loop points from WAV;
- Generator: "P.Modulation" controller has been renamed to "Freq.Modulation input";
- Filter: new controller "LFO waveform";
- Amplifier: new controller "Fine volume";
- new functions in the Pattern Editor menu: selection begin, selection end;
- slightly redesigned Pattern Editor;
- Song has been renamed to Project;
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F12 - go to beginning;
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + ) - octave up;
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + ( - octave down;
- new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ( - selection begin (pattern editor);
- new keyboard shortcut: CTRL + ) - selection end (pattern editor);
- new instruments from NightRadio and Pavel Ti;
- new simple song examples: feedback, feedback2, modulator (phase modulation);
- new song examples: 4004, music_in_our_souls, awakening_city, SunVox Compo 2015.02 Winners (Sirmooge - Phalanx, Pavel Ti - Boomer, KnyazIvan - Cold Summer);
- bugs fixed.