The record label started releasing Caustic produced tracks only but is now also accepting tracks made otherwise as well. It is not really my cup of tea being very dance oriented pop styleelees but have kept an eye open as the tracks have always been well produced and being Caustic centered.
How they are as a record company is not known to me but should be interesting for anyone producing dance music to look into?
Have a feeling that this is built on a the same engine as is used in Caustic where it is hidden as an easter egg and can also be found in variations on the net. In either case for a small monie it can be useful for generating samples?
No more need for sound effects libraries for your games, apps or video creations. With this app you can create randomly different sound effects in 7 different categories and save them out as WAV files. This app uses a mutating algorithm to create unique sounds with a retro 16bit arcade feel - just tap the buttons until you find a sound you like, save it out and you have your very own, unique, royalty-free retro style game sound effect to use for whatever you want - no more licensing problems :)
Always fascinated by this app and the one before it but could not really get into it... Maybe if this tutorial had existed before... One thing to keep in mind is that if desiring the full version it has to be bought through the Amazon app store... and it can also be used recently for Android TV as well.
The most brutal Drum machine on Android is on sale... If you like drum machines even if having a ton of them as hardware this is recommendable as it make sit easy to dial in a bunch of in your face brutality if so desired.
Comes with sequencer.
Dragon is a drum machine built to quickly and easily make glitch, distorted, lofi drum beats and manipulate them live. The drums are simple and flexible, capable of some classic drum machine sounds and also new weirdness. Each is synthesized in real time and sent to a multi effect rig with variable speed stutter, bit reduction, pitched feedback delay and a resonant bandpass filter. The drums are triggered by a four pattern step sequencer. Patterns can be changed individually for each drum or triggered together for quick pattern switches for all drums.
Four pattern sequencer with local and global pattern control
BPM control with nudging
Record audio as wav
Three drum synths:
-Asymmetry and tanh(x) for tape like distortion
-Pitched feedback delay
-Retrigger (aka stutter/buffer) with variable speed and reversing
-Resonant bandpass filter
Preset management and wav export requires permission for file storage read/write
Unpaid version disables preset saving and audio recording
Possible future ports to desktop and ios. Made with Pure Data and libGDX
Full parameter and effect reference:
Freq: Frequency. Locks into semitones so you an harmonize easily
Decay: Amplitude decay
Freq Env Dec: Frequency envelope decay. Changes how fast the pitch drops
Freq Env Amt: Frequency envelope amount. Changes how much the pitch drops
Noise: Noise burst for click
Amp: Bass drum amp
Tone Low Dec: Tone low decay
Tone High Dec: Tone high decay
Noise Dec: Noise decay
FM: Frequency modulate the low tone by the high tone
Freq: Frequency. Locks into semitones so you an harmonize easily, though overtones from fm and the high tone bring inharmonic tones
Freq Env: Frequency envelope. Changes how much the pitch drops
Delay: Feedback delay
Delay ms: Milliseconds of delay
Tone Distance: Distance between low and high tones
Amp: Volume of snare
FM: Frequency modulate the tone
Tone Dec: Tone decay
Tone Amp: Tone amplitude
Noise Dec: Noise decay
Noise Amp: Tone amplitude
Retrig: Loop audio by the specified time interval (1/2, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 notes)
Rev: reverse retrigger’s playback
Speed: control the speed of the retrigger’s playback
Bit Red: Bit reducer. Mixes in a low bit signal
BP Filt: Band-pass filter. All the way left is off
Tanh: Amplifies and the waveshapes the signal through a hyperbolic tangent curve. Creates a tape-like distortion
Asym: Adds to the signal, creating a DC offset. Doesn’t do much unless you have Tanh turned a bit
Down Samp: Down-sample the signal
Reverb: Mixes in reverb signal
Delay: Pitched feedback delay dry/wet
Delay ms: Milliseconds of delay
Freq: Adjust the pitch that the delayed signal is adjusted by. Also locks into semitones
Got this on sale some time ago and am a bit divided about it... For me the use comes when recording directly and just set up the same scale-tonality-bpm and play around with it to see if something nice comes up with the music that is being made.
This hopefully leads to ideas and things breaking out from the prison of personal convention that is easy to fall into... As using it with just a bar and five tracks for me leads easy to a dead end...
What I have a hard time for is that the sounds are not tweakable and for my taste too top 40... But can be used with some outside pedals and effects?
In either case is a nice thing to have and who knows there may be a right moment when it comes to use?
A mobile synthesizer app for Android OS.
"KORG Kaossilator for Android" is a synthesizer app that lets anyone enjoy full-fledged instrumental performance simply by freely moving their finger across the touch panel. From electronic sounds to acoustic instruments and drums, you can play a wide range of sounds with a single finger. Also provided is a sequencer that's indispensable for creating songs, so you can create tracks by recording and layering your performances. This easy yet full-fledged instrumental experience is now available on your Android smartphone.
- Perform using touch gestures: Kaossilator uses the unique X-Y interface. Create melodies and phrases simply by stroking, tapping, or rubbing the touch screen with your finger.
- 150 diverse sounds covering many music styles: Use the 150 built-in sounds to perform and produce a broad range of dance music styles including EDM, hip-hop, house, techno, dubstep, nu-disco, and electro.
- Scale/Key feature eliminates any wrong notes: The Scale setting ensures that the notes of your performance will stay in the key you’ve specified. Choose from 35 different scales including chromatic, major, minor, and even blues scales.
- Loop sequencer for easy track-making and live performance: The built-in loop sequencer lets you layer up to five musical parts. By recording sounds such as synth, bass, chords, sound effects, and drums into each part, you can quickly complete original loop tracks that are distinctively your own.
- Operation Requirements
Android 5.0 or later
The same synthesizer(plus advanced sampler that can use the synthesizer engine) is included in G-Stopmer Studio and Producer but if you do not feel that that only the synthesizer and Sequencer tracks (Plus effects, automation etc) is enough and saving a couple of monies thisis a good opportunity.
G-Stomper VA-Beast is a polyphonic virtual analog Synthesizer to produce complex synthetic sounds of any variety, designed for experienced sound designers as well as for beginners. So it's up to you if you just explore the Factory sounds or if you start right away with designing your own sounds in impressive studio quality. Its sound capabilities paired with the intuitive and clearly laid out interface simply makes G-Stomper VA-Beast to the ultimate Mobile Synthesizer. You will be able to create the sounds you want, and you'll do it faster than on any other mobile synthesizer.
Instruments and Pattern Sequencer
• VA-Beast Synthesizer : Polyphonic Virtual Analog Performance Synthesizer (Advanced FM support, Waveform and Multi-Sample based Synthesis)
• VA-Beast Poly Grid : Polyphonic Step Sequencer, max 12 Tracks
• Piano Keyboard : On various Screens (8 Octaves switchable)
• Timing & Measure : Tempo, Swing Quantization, Time Signature, Measure
• Line Mixer : Mixer with up to 12 Channels (Parametric 3-band Equalizer + Insert Effects per Channel)
• Effect Rack : 3 chainable Effect Units
• Master Section : 2 Sum Effect Units
• Audio Editor : Graphical Sample Editor/Recorder
• 2 oscillator assemblies, each with 6 regular waveforms: saw, pulse, triangle, sine, noise, dual sine (allows up to 4-Operator FM)
• Full Multi-Sample support per oscillator (7th Waveform: PCM)
• Oscillator Sync
• Powerful Modulation Framework: FM, Differential FM, Filter Frequency/Resonance Modulation, Distortion, Distortion Ring Modulation (extra oscillator aboard), Ring Modulation
• 5 FM algorithms: PhaseFM (like in DX7), Log+, Log+/-, Lin+, Lin+/-
• 3 Modulation LFOs / per voice (usable in cycling or envelope mode)
• 3 Modulation Envelopes / per voice (usable in Attack Decay, Attack Hold Release or repeating AD mode)
• 1 free assignable Morph Group (Modulation Wheel)
• 2 Filter Sections, each with 8 filter types
• 3 Dedicated ADSR Envelopes for filter frequency and Amplification
• Stereo Unison (up to 5 layers)
• Polyphonic Glide: Morph between complete chords
• Polyphonic Legato: Morph between complete chords without re-triggering the envelopes
• Chord Memory: Map complete chords to a single key
• Ableton Link: Play in sync with any Link-enabled app and/or Ableton Live
• Full round-trip MIDI integration (IN/OUT), Android 5+: USB (host), Android 6+: USB (host+peripheral) + Bluetooth (host)
• High Quality Audio Engine (32bit float DSP algorithms)
• 47 Effect Types: 4 Compressor/Limiter types, 4 (8-Band) Vocoders, 8 Resonant Filters, Gate, Transient Shaper, Chorus/Flanger, 2 Phasers, Tremolo, Auto Panner, 5 Delays, 2 Reverbs, 2 Pitch Shifters, Granulator, Stereo Enhancer, Stereo Tool, Exciter, Bottom Booster, Bit Crusher, Waveshaper, Distortion, 2 Overdrives, Saturation, Bender Distortion, 2 Equalizers, Pan/Vol
+ Side Chain Support, Tempo sync, LFO's, Envelope Followers
• Tablet optimized, Portrait Mode for 5 inch and bigger screens
• Full Motion Sequencing/Automation Support
• Import MIDI files as Patterns
Full Version only
• Support for additional Content-Packs
• WAV File Export, 8..32bit up to 96kHz: Sum or Track by Track Export for later use in the Digital Audio Workstation of your choice
• Real-Time Audio Recording of your Live Sessions, 8..32bit up to 96kHz
• Export Patterns as MIDI for later use in your favorite DAW or MIDI Sequencer
• Share your exported Music
Support Forum: https://www.planet-h.com/gstomperbb/
User Manual: https://www.planet-h.com/documentation/
Minimum recommended device specs
1000 MHz dual-core cpu
800 * 480 screen resolution
Headphones or speakers
Check out the free demo before buying the full version
Storage read/write: load/save
Bluetooth+Location: MIDI over BLE
Record Audio: Sample Recorder
A week late... almost forgot to mention this...
But still enough time to get into the action if so desired!
This is the second foray of FLipaClip into a contest for making a music video. There is some prices and the honor of getting the video shown to a wider audience....
Like the animation programs and other interesting video programs to have on a device to be able to piecemeal videos together as one of the most important aspects of getting ones music heard is to represent it visually on YouTube or other outlets... and here is a chance to have a goal to learn FLipaClip that seems like a capable and nice app.
To read the conditions:
To look at insufferable guy in sunglasses talking about the contest and presenting the meaningless music to be animated (it is possible to find some good music in the same BPM while making the animation to not have to listen to the song too much while making the video) take a look at the video below...
A hidden gem on the Play Store and well worth the price of a coffee.
Looks rough which is great and can seem a little bit intimidating but is really easy to grasp after a minute or two...
Fang is a synth app based on motion modulated control through accelerometer information. Each parameter can be linked to different directions of motion. Contains presets, wav recording, a stepped arpeggiator with diatonic scale locking, a multi-pattern sequencer, wave shaping oscillators, resonant filter with envelope and pitch locking, and an effects rig (including formant filter, pitched delay, reverb, down-sample, bit reduction.) Can be played by non synthesists as well: load presets and control sound through motion. Capable of strange sonic textures, complex evolving arpeggios, or classic synth sounds.
Full guide and video quick-start at thiiird.com/fang-guide
Each control has five sub-controls associated with it. The top, largest control is the main control and changes the actual value. The four controls beneath determine how much that value is changed by moving in each of the four directions. For an easier time understanding the concept, the video walk-through might be of help.
Notes are generated with a sequencer and keyboard.
The sequencer works by moving a step at the rate specified. There are four patterns that can be played and edited independently.
The keyboard has a set of notes that can be played or buttons which hold notes. Held notes can be cut off by sequencer notes of the same pitch.
The arpeggiator receives notes from the sequencer and keyboard. Its rate is controlled by both synced time and ms that are added together. It has variable steps, step transpose and gate. The steps and timing can be reset periodically with the optional arp reset. There is optional diatonic scale locking as well, allowing you to select a root note and scale from major, dorian, phyrygian, lydian, mixolydian, minor, and locrian.
The synth's sounds are generated with five voices, each with two oscillators that modulate between triangle and saw.
Modulation is effected by an envelope. There is a pitch envelope that effects both oscillators. The oscillators are capable of fm (osc B modifying osc A.) Both oscillators can have their signals sent to the filter or directly to the amp envelope. A white noise signal can also be added to the filter or directly to the amp envelope.
The filter is a 4 pole resonant band-pass whose frequency can follow the pitch. It is also effected by its own ADSR envelope. The filtered and unfiltered signal is sent to a per voice down sample and per voice delay under synth menu. All voices are sent to an effect rig with a formant (vowel) filter, pitched delay, reverb, and bit reduction.
File permission is for presets and WAV recording
The Drum Looper PRO application includes hundreds of professional and quality drum samples.
►You can train not only guitar playing skills, but also learn popular melodies and rhythms without the need of drummer or the drum kit.
►Also is an excellent audio tutorial for drummers, which will help you learn how to work in other styles and even keep the rhythm.
►Keyboardists would use this app too. It contains dozens of dance bits, from which you can make real masterpieces.
►The collected rhythms in this App are:
jazz, funk, hip-hop, indie, blues, punk, metal, heavy metal, pop-rock, retro, dance, alternative, rockenroll and reggae.
Feel like a real rock star, DJ or rapper, without leaving your house.
P.S. In this application, you can not create music, but you will be able to create a sample by yourself, using the virtual drum kit in the Drum Live section.
Drum Live is a kind of simulator of drums with high-quality sounds and the ability to record and reproduce your samples.
Your phone turns into an USB Midi controller for controlling software (eg audio workstations / DAWs) and hardware (eg synthesizer, light show, ...) via USB.
All common MIDI information can be sent,
including all music notes and all possible control change values.
Build your own workspace from scratch.
All controls are fully customizable.
- Simple, customizable keyboard with speed and channel controls
- Customizable buttons (one-shot and on / off) for sending control information
- Customizable sliders
- Multiple view options (therefore also optimal for tablets)
More than 500 buttons and sliders can be added
which work on 16 different midi channels. That way, you can create your own interface with any controls you need.
Control your DAW, your synthesizer, or whatever you want to work with.
Example DAW (Digital Audio Workstation):
Add a new midi control
Assign these to functionality in your audio program via midi mapping.
MIDI controller can now control the assigned functionality - eg volume slider, effect ON / OFF, recording start and much more.
Learn the notes and improve your Sight Reading skills with Muder! 🎵
Challenge yourself anytime anywhere, try to guess as many notes as possible in the shortest amount of time and learn to read sheet music.
Muder is fast, effective and easy to use. It lets you customize the exercise and increase the difficulty. With the base level, you can exercise only with natural notes. Then, when you will feel ready, you can include accidentals or/and key signatures, you can change clef and learn to read all the notes in every key and position. 💥⚡️
Muder lets you also track your progress efficiently. You can analyze your answers and improvements month to month, so you can easily reach your goal and become a better musician. 📈🎷
★ Simple and beautiful material UI
★ Speed up your sight reading
★ Customize the excercise and increase the difficulty
★ Track your progress and reach your goal
She is using the desktop version but is applicable for Android as well...
FLM file download:
This is something that have been around for years but thought it was worth mentioning as got reminded of it downloading first a pack of glitch samples and one pack of water samples recently.
Everything alphabetized in a list. Clickable and more information of each pack is available. Plus no need for sign up, just click download and the pack is yours...
Most importantly free to use for royalty free!
There is a lot of loops and listened to some of them and they all sound real well produced and good even though am personally more interested in single hits and instruments...
All the samples are supplied as WAV files so can be imported directly into your DAW or sampler of choice. Because they're royalty-free, you're welcome to use the samples in your music in any way you like - all we ask is that you don't re-distribute them.
Please, pretty please make a donation to
Musical android You can do it! It will feel amazing afterwards!!!