Of course it comes with some other stuff as well:
WHAT'S NEW* SuperSaw Synth (free).
* Improved Automation Clip editor
* 10 new 'Bass Drum ...' kick samples
* Guitars Expansion Pack ($1.99)
* Voices Expansion Pack ($1.99)
* DirectWave notes correctly muted when project is looping
* Bugfixes & stability improvements
He is using images of Pepe the frog in the video which is a little bit disconcerting,
but think that he is unaware of the significance (hopefully) being from Indonesia...
Otherwise it is a good runthrough of the differences between the two apps.
There is also a free Trap sample pack if going to the Youtube page:
So it came after a long wait and they did not charge it as a separate application either!
Have not had full time on this yet but it looks real good and there is now an application that straddles synthesizer sequencing with audio tracks and recording (The one exception being Soundcamp that is only available on certain Samsung devices). The direct recording will of course suffer if the device have high latency and it is not possible as in Audio Evolution and
n-Track Studio to use external soundcard for recording. But if is still fine that it is possible even if the recordings have to be nudged a bit.
Coming with the mini synth which is a capable synthesizer and the possibility to demo and get two more as in-app purchase. They did not cost too much one for around 1.50 and one for 2.50 or so. Then there is as in the older version the sample instruments. Everything is laid out nicely and think workflow wise it is easy. This version can also have separate FX for each track and it seems that there can be a bunch of them.
There is a demo version and for people upgrading there is the possibility to downgrade if the device can not take the new version or you simply do not like it.
If it works good I do not see why you would prefer the old version as this have much more options and the sequencer is so much easier to work with etc...
It is recommended to use at least Android 4.1 even if it is possible to install it on devices down to Android 2.3.3. Maybe one complaint would be is that the download is like around 700mb and it would be good to have alternative download for a smaller version with less sample instruments?
If using FL Studio as a DAW on PC it seems that this would a "must" as there is a possibility to load as a VSTi inside the DAW. It would have been cool if they released it as VSTi for other Daws as well.
So as said have not had time to dig deeper but so far thumbs up.
Google Play info:
FL Studio Mobile allows you to create and save complete multi-track music projects on your Android phone or tablet device. You can even load the FL Studio Mobile projects into the 'FL Studio Desktop PC' version and take them to the next level.If it’s a beat on the step sequencer, a melody on the piano roll or a full song on the playlist, FL Studio Mobile has you covered. Never lose that idea again. Get it down and happening wherever you are.
• High quality instruments, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
• Step sequencer for fast percussion programming and sliced-loop reworking
• Configurable virtual piano-keyboard
• Drum pads: Configurable
• Audio tracks: audio recording (with monitoring), wav import
• Wave editor:
• Browser with preview button and logical sorting into Instruments, Synths, Drum kits & Loops
• Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument
• High quality, battery-friendly audio engine (latency depends on the device)
• Drum loops and sliced loops ready to start your project with a cool beat
• Effects include Limiter, Compressor, Reverb, Delay, EQ, Distortion, Filter and more to enhance your mix
• Multi-track sequencer and intuitive editing options
• Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Edit at the level of tracks, bars or down to individual notes
• Piano roll editor for manual entry of note & chord sequence data or detailed editing of recorded performances
• Undo for all editable screens
• Metronome with tempo settings
• Intuitive positioning of screens with the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Save and load your songs, export to WAV and AAC
• Share your songs via Sync to other Mobile 3 devices
• In-app user manual
• Android 4.1 or later required
• Configurable to work with all screen resolutions and sizes.
MANUAL / SUPPORT / VIDEOS
TROUBLE-SHOOTING INSTALLATION ISSUES
Please visit this link for step-by-step troubleshooting options
NOTE: A custom ROM, a rooted Android OS (with privileged apps installed) and antivirus software can cause significant performance issues.
* "FL Studio" desktop PC version (sold separately) is installed, on average, over 30,000 times each DAY making it one of the world's most popular and exciting music production systems. Everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music, the perfect studio partner for FL Studio Mobile. You can download the demo version of the FL Studio Desktop PC version and enhance your FL Studio Mobile projects for free then save to audio format.
So to try the new Beta you need FL Studio and sign up. Otherwise it is nice to see what is coming independent if you have FL Studio or not. And as said before it is going to be a free update so that is great news if your device can handle it.
To sign up:
Please make a donation to