To read more about the updates go here:
Minor how-to fix
Added wav file export. Wavs are saved to the home directory under the format drgn_time.wav
Added presets golgotha, concrete, matrix, chainchamber
Fixed bass drum rate error
Fixed append error when overwriting presets
- 12 new Blues styles are now available as a one time In-App purchase
- Each Blues style comes with guitar, keyboard, bass and drums tracks
Improvements to audio
- Change tempo during playback
- Change instrument sounds during playback (Except drums)
- Exporting audio is now very fast
- Added two new electric guitars
Interesting virtual instrument and help-out for guitar player is now free so why not give a twirl?
Robotic Guitarist is both a guitar emulator and music toolbox for guitar players and musicians in general and a fun and enjoyable musical playground for everyone. Even if you don't know a word about music or can't play the guitar! Just play and it will sound good!
★ Amazing guitar emulator
Choose a chord without having to learn finger positions and just hit the strings. You'll enjoy realistic visual effects and high fidelity sound. You can strum, play arpeggios or any other desired technique. You can play licks as well.
★ The guitar lab (never-ending possibilities)
Have you ever wondered how a reverb-enabled, fuzz-distorted bell would sound?
♪ Lots of different sounds
Pick among a large categorized set of sounds including a number of kinds of guitars and playing modes and the sounds of all sorts of musical instruments. Make the guitar sound as a flute or a piano! Funny and exotic sounds are included too, like those from animals. Or even pick a different one for each string! What about creating a band with a human chorus for the lows and a violin for the highs?
♪ Easy-to-use effects
Create a nice atmosphere and add deepness with impressive sound effects like reverb, flanger and echo. Each one features a list of variants so it's plug and play!
♪ Versatile distortion
Would you like a heavier or harsher sound? No problem! Pick a kind of distortion from the several available and set an intensity level. Your electric guitar will be absolutely electrifying!
★ Chord guide
An easy-to-use interface allows you to change your chord selection on the go. You'll see at all times a diagram showing finger positions. Very useful for learners or for those who play already and need to recall a chord.
★ Custom chords and chord presets
You'll be able to take music as far as your imagination takes it because you have the possibility of creating your own chords with a easy-to-use editor. They don't have to be actual guitar chords, but any layout of notes whose sound you like. You'll be able to play those songs with weird hand positions, since you are not limited to standard chords. You can define free strings you can play licks on. This feature allows, for example, to follow a tablature with much more fidelity.
Furthermore, you'll be able to save the chord set you have been composing so you can recover it later, with no need of defining it again chord by chord. That way you'll have at hand every chords needed for each song or experiment.
★ Reliable guitar tuner
If you play a non-virtual guitar, Robotic Guitarist is your loyal electronic pocket tuner. It's able to detect frequencies with high accuracy.
★ Handy digital metronome
It has settings for tempo (BPM) and different time signatures. Keep the rythm!
I liked this one and it worked for better or worse in its own peculiar way with a more automatic sequencing of notes which had to be recorded in pattern presets or made beforehand.
This leads to a different results that may not have come up otherwise.
In either case now it is possible to sequence notes as in most other apps if desired.
(I do recommend to fuck around with the recording of pre programmed sequences though and see what happens). It is also possible to load your own drum samples as well to and that is always a good thing.
There is three synthesizers built into the app and they all come with a decent amount of controls. The drums are sampled but you can tune them and do some other changes to them.
Here is the Google Play info:
WHAT'S NEW- improved track saving
- note editing
- accessible storage directory, manage saves, exports and drumsamples
- MIDI over USB (requires Android 6.0)
Beatonal is a virtual groovebox and music maker app, enabling you to easily create and share your musical ideas using the built-in synthesizer and drum machine.
Create loops using the eight customizable rhythmic drumpads, and effortlessly sketch chord progressions and melodies with the pattern-based rhythmic keyboards.
This app is free to try, but requires an in-app purchase to unlock all advanced features and project saving.
other features include:
- 4 audio channels: drum machine, base, chords and lead
- Input is automatically fixed to a user selectable scale
- Minimal audio latency
- Contains demo tracks to get you started
- Analog synth with two oscillators, FM, AM and pitch modulation, lowpass filter, and various effects
- Contains 60 built-in synth presets, but you can also create and store your own presets
- Store tracks on your device
- User friendly track sharing through track-url's
- Export track as MIDI so you can continue your work inside other apps or a DAW
- Export track as wav
- Small app size, runs on virtually all android devices (Android 2.3 and higher)
- Send MIDI over USB so you can play live music on your pc with low latency (requires Android 6.0)
- Import your own drumsamples
Time for another great update.
The biggest thing is that it now comes with Ableton Link.
Gabber heads will be happy too as the bpm now can reach 999!
Google Play info:
Integrated Ableton Link for beat, phase and tempo synchronization over a wireless LAN (long press PLAY, then 'Enable Ableton Link')
New FX type: Stereo Tool
New Bypass switch for the Parametric EQs
Improved VA-Beast Unison
Increased the tempo range to 20..999bpm
Reduced the memory usage of the FX Units
Improved Latency Compensation
The OpenSL Audio System is no longer experimental
Many minor bug fixes and improvements
Full release notes at http://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-studio/gst-whats-new/
After the new update there is a new preset bank to buy as in-app purchase. It sounds like this:
Here is also a video showcasing possibilities when it comes to the new functions.
"There is polyphonic aftertouch now! wich means, every played note get its own filtercurve, pitch or whatever you select via aftertouch! i use a cme xkey air to benefit from the synths possibillity. in this video i show some userpatches i created in the last 4 months. some i.e. at 3:00 demonstrating polyphonic aftertouch rather well! you hear only the synth with its internal fx! have fun!"
Blues Guitarist Soloist
A lot of improvements:
- More modern look
- Lower memory usage
- New Video Zoom Feature
- Force SD quality feature for faster downloads and solving video playback issues
Audio Evolution Mobile 4.4.0 for Android released with improved piano roll editing and the use of MIDI/instruments is now free (no more IAP) Plus- Volume slider is now horizontal for phones, giving access to the arm, mute and solo buttons more easily. This can be changed in the preferences.
Audio Evolution Mobile
The G-Stomper family is marching forward. I am excited to test the new pitch and stretch effects over the long bus ride I will take in about half an hour.
Google play info:
Added independent control of Pitch & Speed to the Drum Samplers
Added Pitch Shift & Time Compress/Expand to the Audio Editor processing
Replaced the existing Pitch Shifter FX with two new, completely re-written Pitch Shifters
Added a Moog 24dB HP Filter to the FX types
Renamed X-Delay to LFO X-Delay for better transparency
New re-designed FX Selector (organized by FX category)
Various improvements & minor bug fixes
Full release notes at http://www.planet-h.com/g-stomper-studio/gst-whats-new/
So this charming and easy to use sequencer/sample application is updated and the biggest thing is that now you can export compositions as XM files meaning that they can now be imported into a lot of trackers, as for example SunVox (The same app from the same developer. sneaky, sneaky bastard) and as mentioned by Robin contributor to this website it is a a very nice way to get them into SunVox.
In the sense of SunVox being to difficult to use sequencing wise but now you can use all the modular effects available in SunVox. Or just being to be able to bang out tunes in a more managable way and continue later in another tracker.
Anyway it is great and we should support single developers of apps like this and apps like G-Stomper. Caustic and for example free apps like VU-Knob! (and many more).
Also remember that Mr Nightradio's apps are for free for the PC/Mac/Linux computers!
Google Play info:
* export to XM (eXtended Module of the FastTracker2) - this file can be loaded by any modern music tracker/player (for example, SunVox);
* sound editor: "reduce size / 2 (lossy)" function has been added;
* Android (4.0 and higher): System Settings -> Interface: new option "Hide system bars" for true fullscreen mode;
* new sound packs: pack10_fm, pack11_percussion_2, pack12_orchestra;
* new song - Example12;
* bugs fixed.
• Added Mono option to the mix-down dialog
• Added 'Set punch in' and 'Set punch out' options to the markers menu
• Added 'Drum pads' to the MIDI input selection dialog to use drum pads for soundfonts from other vendors
• Added 'Remove' button to the top bar for effects with custom graphics
• Added MIDI channel filter option to the MIDI input selection dialog
• Paste using the paste button now pastes at the time marker
• Much more, see the release notes in the app!
It is here.
So much new really cool features that even half of it would be fantastic.
There is a couple of things that is really cool that sticks out-
The audio editor have two different types of time-stretch/pitch shifter.
A new Synthesizer that have been used by many Beta testers with great results.
But to me maybe the coolest thing is the possibility to merge all sound generators into a PCM (the capable sampler) preset. Think about that!
That means you can make the most complex synthesizer patches as there is so many different types of sound engines to use inside of Caustic. It even comes with a little mixer before merging it down into a new preset! Plus that it frees up a lot of CPU if the device is suffering.
I would say that Android is blessed by having such a capable app that would be more than enough if it was the only one. Maybe the only thing missing to make it complete would be full on audio tracks but there is workarounds for that as well using the sampler.
Remember that there is a free PC version as well with no limitations!
Lately I have heard some amazing productions using Caustic in styles of Dubstep and Trap music and find it fascinating that there seems to be a new generation of Caustians that are taking Caustic to a new level. Will be posting some of this soon.
So it took some time, but that is all in the past now and the developer have always been generous enough to let the Beta version grace free, so for the interested the wait have not been to burdensome.
Now we are waiting for the mastering app that the developer is working on but it seems pretty ready and have a feeling that the wait will not be as long.
Take a look at these videos that are as other Caustic videos made by the developer some of the best tutorials I have seen. Actually would say that even if not using Caustic they are great at explaining concepts for similar synthesizers and effects etc. using other apps or hardware.
To get the free PC version and to take a look at the forum as well for more information and general goodwill go here:
Google Play update information:
New machine: SawSynth (Polyphonic supersaw-type synth)
New "melody helper" to lock keyboards to scales
Support for more time signatures (3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4) from the song page and in pattern editors.
Tool to create new PCMSynth instruments by merging your rack.
4 New effects
Stereo support for PCMSynth, Beatbox and Modular machine input
Wave Editor now supports stereo, pitchshift/timestretch, bpm detection and more.
New loop and stem export options
Have a feeling that this Groovebox app will grow into something interesting as it already have some fresh ideas built into it.
- improved playback
- added swing
- added chord-arp
So as always I thought G-Stomper Studio / VA-Beast / Rhythm was pretty great before and have a hard time to imagine what more can be added but as always there is more things to add that actually makes a big difference.
Here is the list of what is new for G-Stomper Studio but a lot of it applies to VA-Beast and Rhythm as well:
G-Stomper Studio 126.96.36.199 Release Notes:
Not a big update but thought that it is mentioning Heat Synthesizer for readers that may have missed it as it is one of the more complex and complete synthesizer for Android and the first advanced one that came. There is a demo to try.
* Fixed connection issue
* Added new comb filter type
Comb filter supports both positive & negative feedback by adjusting the resonance parameter of the filter. A centered knob means no feedback.
A lot of new goodness!
What is new:
This is the programming language that is used for many of Nightradio's apps (The creator of SunVox) and is specialized for making audio and visualization type of programs apps.
Also available directly on your device for coding and playing back the coded creations.
Some examples are included that can be used.
So it is now updated which means that hopefully Virtual ANS will be updated to soon!
As they go hand in hand and have noticed that it normally gets updated as Pixilang expands and brings the expansion into Nightradio's other apps.
Here is what is new:
To get it go here:
So it came after a long wait and they did not charge it as a separate application either!
Have not had full time on this yet but it looks real good and there is now an application that straddles synthesizer sequencing with audio tracks and recording (The one exception being Soundcamp that is only available on certain Samsung devices). The direct recording will of course suffer if the device have high latency and it is not possible as in Audio Evolution and
n-Track Studio to use external soundcard for recording. But if is still fine that it is possible even if the recordings have to be nudged a bit.
Coming with the mini synth which is a capable synthesizer and the possibility to demo and get two more as in-app purchase. They did not cost too much one for around 1.50 and one for 2.50 or so. Then there is as in the older version the sample instruments. Everything is laid out nicely and think workflow wise it is easy. This version can also have separate FX for each track and it seems that there can be a bunch of them.
There is a demo version and for people upgrading there is the possibility to downgrade if the device can not take the new version or you simply do not like it.
If it works good I do not see why you would prefer the old version as this have much more options and the sequencer is so much easier to work with etc...
It is recommended to use at least Android 4.1 even if it is possible to install it on devices down to Android 2.3.3. Maybe one complaint would be is that the download is like around 700mb and it would be good to have alternative download for a smaller version with less sample instruments?
If using FL Studio as a DAW on PC it seems that this would a "must" as there is a possibility to load as a VSTi inside the DAW. It would have been cool if they released it as VSTi for other Daws as well.
So as said have not had time to dig deeper but so far thumbs up.
Google Play info:
FL Studio Mobile allows you to create and save complete multi-track music projects on your Android phone or tablet device. You can even load the FL Studio Mobile projects into the 'FL Studio Desktop PC' version and take them to the next level.If it’s a beat on the step sequencer, a melody on the piano roll or a full song on the playlist, FL Studio Mobile has you covered. Never lose that idea again. Get it down and happening wherever you are.
• High quality instruments, drum kits & sliced-loop beats
• Step sequencer for fast percussion programming and sliced-loop reworking
• Configurable virtual piano-keyboard
• Drum pads: Configurable
• Audio tracks: audio recording (with monitoring), wav import
• Wave editor:
• Browser with preview button and logical sorting into Instruments, Synths, Drum kits & Loops
• Pan, volume, release and attack time configurable per instrument
• High quality, battery-friendly audio engine (latency depends on the device)
• Drum loops and sliced loops ready to start your project with a cool beat
• Effects include Limiter, Compressor, Reverb, Delay, EQ, Distortion, Filter and more to enhance your mix
• Multi-track sequencer and intuitive editing options
• Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Edit at the level of tracks, bars or down to individual notes
• Piano roll editor for manual entry of note & chord sequence data or detailed editing of recorded performances
• Undo for all editable screens
• Metronome with tempo settings
• Intuitive positioning of screens with the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Save and load your songs, export to WAV and AAC
• Share your songs via Sync to other Mobile 3 devices
• In-app user manual
• Android 4.1 or later required
• Configurable to work with all screen resolutions and sizes.
MANUAL / SUPPORT / VIDEOS
TROUBLE-SHOOTING INSTALLATION ISSUES
Please visit this link for step-by-step troubleshooting options
NOTE: A custom ROM, a rooted Android OS (with privileged apps installed) and antivirus software can cause significant performance issues.
* "FL Studio" desktop PC version (sold separately) is installed, on average, over 30,000 times each DAY making it one of the world's most popular and exciting music production systems. Everything you need in one package to compose, arrange, record, edit, mix and master professional quality music, the perfect studio partner for FL Studio Mobile. You can download the demo version of the FL Studio Desktop PC version and enhance your FL Studio Mobile projects for free then save to audio format.
Please make a donation to