For free and with no pubicity this should be a no-brainer for practising musicians...
Google Play info:
- Detect and Shift the Key and Tempo of any of your songs!
- Remove the leading instrument in the song. This can be the Vocals so you can sing along or a Guitar solo so you can practice along!
- Guitar/Piano display of 16 musical scales in any key!
- Chords viewer: check the position of more than 140 chords!
- The App gives you control over the Bass/Middle/Treble of the song.
- Save the song as a karaoke track with new tempo, pitch and EQ settings!
- The App will sort all of your songs according to their key or tempo.
- Loop any part of the song! The loop is gapless.
- Overlay Guitar scales over any App! This is great for jamming over a track on YouTube.
Backtrackit gives you the best audio quality when the pitch is shifted or the tempo is changed. When the pitch is changed, the tempo remains the same due to time-stretching technique.
Backtrackit is Superpowered.
The App is still under development. Please report bugs so we can fix them.
This is a good iniative and the first I have seen. So Stagelight EDU comes with interactive lessons and more. Here is the short description from the website:
Stagelight EDU in the ClassroomStagelight EDU is the easiest and best way to teach, learn, create, share and play music on Chrome OS, Windows, macOS and Android devices. Stagelight EDU delivers next-generation music education with its in-app lessons and virtual classes – built by teachers for teachers. With royalty-free sounds, customizable lesson plans, state-approved curricula and more, Stagelight EDU brings first-class music education right to your device. Make Stagelight EDU your music app of choice for all fine arts education.
To read more go here:
To read what Peter Kirn is thinking about Ninja Jamm go here:
Here is what is said about the video:
Auto Autocracy is a new free tunepack, part of LSB vol.2 the Berlin techno series, by CDM supe Peter Kirn. Here given the live one take NJ treatment by Matt Black (Coldcut). Get the app free at Ninjajamm.com , the pack is available in app.
Saw this on the website Open Culture and NASA just opened up a searchable site that is nice to look and listen through. They did release a lot of audio that was possible to use coppyright free last year but it seems a little bit more complex with video and image though... but to read about it go here:
To go to the archive:
So there have already been low latency for some devices and with some apps already but very soon all newer devices will be low latency to satisfy anyone that wants to play things live and direct...
AAudio is a new Android C API introduced in the Android O release. It is designed for high-performance audio applications that require low latency. Apps communicate with AAudio by reading and writing data to streams.
To read the whole thing in glorious detail:
Google Play Info:
Cross DJ PRO
A 43 minute long jam using two Nanooops on Gameboys that sounds good and Nanoloop on a device have even more funcionality than the Nanoloop cartridge version...
So this is just gossip picked up from the SunVox forum and could be a long time coming but
Mr Nightradio have said that it is in the plans.
That SunVox would become a VST would certainly be cool and to have Autotune module inside of SunVox would be great as well!
This is the official information from their website:
Spring is in the air, shorts and sunglasses are finally out of the drawer and the festival season is officially starting with the first weekend of Coachella. Its outstanding lineup of artists is hitting the stage this very weekend! And what about JAM? While our BeatCoin release is slowing rolling out to all of you, the JAM team wants to make sure thatEVERYONE is going to feel the warm wind of spring and get in the right mindset for the season. And what’s more of help than tons and tons of great, fresh beats?
Here’s a rundown of the JAM challenge starting right NOW: create a song that is inspired by spring, good vibes, music festivals and outdoor life. Mix at least 5 style packages to make sure to create a UNIQUE sound!
How to participate:
0. Get Music Maker JAM on your smartphone (it’s free!): http://bit.ly/JAM_web
1. Create your tune in Music Maker JAM and (optionally) add a recording of your voice.
2. Release your song in Music Maker JAM with the title #FeelGoodJAM - song title of your choice.
3. Share your track on Social Media including the hashtag #FeelGoodJAM and #MusicMakerJAM (the best ones will get a RT!)
Make sure your cover art stands out: - select a high-quality image for your song’s cover photo!
The best songs will be selected by the JAM jury and featured in the app as well as on social media and in the newsletter!
Good luck everyone!
Contest rules in detail:
- Contestants are free to use any style packs - your track must contain at least 5 style packages though.
- Original vocals, recorded via Voice Recording are encouraged.
- Your track must be no longer than 5 minutes.
- No other software/app can be used except JAM, as well as any sort of copyrighted material.
- Only 1 track allowed for submission per unique community account.
- Only new tracks posted during the contest’s duration (April 13 - 23) will be taken into consideration. Please, do not just add the hashtag to old songs!
- Likes and plays in the community won’t be taken into consideration when defining the winning tracks (this rule might change in the future - just hold onto it for now!)
Please make a donation to