To read it go here:
Bandlab have written a piece on their User Interface design on their blog and it is a interesting read. They also mention what programs they use for their design.
To read it go here:
About the Contest
#GetCashed on BandLab! We’ve lined up another amazing contest for you — publish an original track on BandLab and you could win $500!
*Scroll down for full Terms and Conditions.
2nd – 4th: 100USD each
How we pick the winners
The 10 most liked entries will make it to the judging round. A judging panel from the BandLab team will then select the winners.
The judge’s decision will be final—and will be based on artistic merit so get creative!
How do I win?
FYI: Your entry has to be a new track, published during the competition period. Editing an existing song’s description with the hashtag doesn’t count!
Submit your entries by 2nd May 2017, 2359 hrs.
How do I get more likes?
Get active within the BandLab community. Following other users makes them more likely to check out your profile and published tracks. Follow, like, comment and even collaborate with other BandLab users to build a rapport within the community.
Keep sharing! BandLab makes it easy to share your published music to your social media profiles. Encourage your friends to sign up on BandLab to like your submission.
Don’t submit too late! An earlier submission means more time to accumulate those likes.
Contest Terms and Conditions
The #GetCashed Music Competition (the “Competition”) is organised by BandLab Singapore Pte Ltd.
For the impatient it is nice to sign up for testing Beta versions of your favorite apps.
This being for Bandlab:
A contest with prices provided by IK Multimedia.
Finishes the fifth of December.
To read more go here:
Bandlab the application where you can upload tracks for people to collaborate on and vice versa are doing this contest together with a online music store. There is five tracks to choose from to add to and remix. The prices are decent- 1000$ 1st price 450$ 2nd price five 100$ prices to spend on instruments etc.
The contest ends the tenth of September.
To read more go to:
Interesting... Even though there seems to be some bugginess.
The ten year old in me like that there is very easy to play spy with secret recording by changing the interface.
Google Play info:
Handy and functional voice recorder for the smartphones and Android Wear watches!
Record your conversations, lectures, meetings and anything you want with very simple and intuitive interface. The app is designed both for watches and smartphones.Features:
· The all-new Material design;
· Sound quality customisation (choice of the optimal modes);
· Dropbox & Google drive
· Echo suppression and noise filtering, silence skipping;
· Work in the background (when the display is off);
· Autostart when you start;
· Invisible Recording (replaces an icon in the notification bar, so nobody can see that the recording is launched)
· Synchronise the watch (if any);
· Manage audio recordings (share, delete, rename)
Important! A moto 360 has a bug. At the time when a watch activated an opportunity to say "ok google" mic stops working in other applications, despite the fact that the recording is already underway. If you turn off the display, go to the Settings menu, or open any other application (it is important that there were no available "ok google") sound recording is restored. For normal operation, you should keep the app open.
if you want to help, please visit
Help make a better translation:
This application positively noted in publications following editions:
28 Best New Android Wear Apps And Watch Faces From 7/22/14 - 8/1/14
The best apps for Android Wear
The 10 best Android Wear apps for the LG G Watch and Samsung Gear Live
Five Best 'Android Wear' Apps
App of the day: Wear Audio Recorder for Android
11 of the Best Android Wear Apps
So Bandlab is kind of stepping on Songtree's toes and have implemented the same idea of a tree like structure/view of the progress of songs/music being worked on.
Guess that is good for us end users to have two platforms to choose from!
So for you that have not read about either platform-
The basic idea is to be able to upload tracks and people can join in and add to tracks or vice versa. There is some differences in-between Bandlab and Songtree which is a question of preference. I think that the idea is very cool though and it can lead to long time collaborations and must be very exciting for musicians that need more instrumentation and not having access to other musicians...
To read more about Bandlab's Treeview:
When it comes to collaborations there starts to be some options and this is a "new" one.
It seems like a nice and cloud based application that can be used for recording ideas or to make some more serious recordings to work on with other musicians as one of the main ideas is to easily communicate with other musicians. Unlimited storage for tracks sounds pretty good and it comes with a mixer.
Here is a article of it by Performermag:
Google Play info:
BandLab is the cloud platform where musicians and fans create music, collaborate and engage with each other across the globe.You can capture all your musical ideas seamlessly and develop them with others anytime, anywhere. Your creative workflow has never been more efficient and productive.
With BandLab, creativity has no limits!
• Capture, store and recall your song ideas wherever you are, wherever you go.
• No more misplaced post-its or lost voice memos. You’ll never lose an idea again.
• Synchronised to all your devices through the cloud.
DEVELOP YOUR IDEAS
• Develop your ideas into songs - alone or with musicians from anywhere in the world.
• Collaborate on multi-track projects without worrying about the tools with our built-in Mix Editor.
• Follow your creative process wherever it takes you with our visual version control system.
SHARE AND ENGAGE
• Invite other music creators and lovers on your creative journey.
• Share unreleased versions and work in progress for feedback.
• Pull back the curtain and forge a deeper more meaningful connection with your fans.
• Embedded links in Chat! The most convenient way to share Songs and other musicians profiles with your friends and bandmates. Also, it is a great way to start conversation with others ;)
• Small but very important UX update. Song Tree View now shows if a new version of your song is synchronized with the cloud.
Please make a donation to