Have never liked the loop based music making that is pervading electronic music making.
Buy some packs and sound like this, just put one loop together with some other loops in the style of... Ahh yes forgot the creative part... here we have put some fx to create originality...
Ohhh listen as the filter sweeps on a loop or two and as a delay trail down another sound and there it is, another song made that brings absolutely nothing to the table except an empty ego boost!
Maybe it is on my mind lately as my brother just started making music with such an app.
He is super excited showing me the music he is "making" and it sounds well produced but it brings absolutely no excitment or anything that resembles originality in any way form or shape.
The worst thing is that he is a pretty decent guitar player and knows some music theory etc.
As popular music gets more and more mediocre for each passing year (this have been studied and proven analyzing popular music over the last fifty years) these types of apps just makes people create even more mediocracy to torture friends and family with!
Create any music in any style is the idea as he tortured me with his latest opus, explaining that he wanted to see if he could make a latin influenced track. Trying to be encouraging and awake all I can say is that the sound is good but maybe you could try to make your own melody and chord progressions. Knowing that he can do it but alás laziness and instant gratification is the name of the game.
Something that is obvious is the contradiction that have arisen over the digital era of music making is that the more freedom and the easier it is to make music we definitvely is not gunning for new heights but have settled for excruciatingly bland music and each year more young ears thinks that it is normal and scoff at music that is alive and have some soul!
Have nothing against music using a loop or two and there is a deep love and respect for Hip hop/rap (being a constant in my life) which is something different.
The reaction to this way of music making is the pre-packaging and killing of creativity.
Also totally aware that it is not wrong that people enjoy themselves thinking that they are doing something creative and the ego feelgood that comes as a reward,
but do believe that it is creating an environment for the future where that is more important than actually taking the human spirit to new levels of real beauty and broadening of our soul!
Looking for a fun and inspiring way to make your own beats? Incredibly intuitive and powerful enough to keep you playing for hours, Beat Snap is your new tool of choice.
Pick your favorite style among a catalogue of packs inspired by tracks that shaped pop culture, from Hip-Hop to Rock or Electronic music.
Record sequences in a few taps by playing with sounds made by international producers. Easily visualize instruments on each pad.
Give it a try and you'll make amazing beats before you know it!
• Jam on 32 pads.
• Record up to 4 sequences to make beats step by step.
• Get inspiration from a large catalogue of sound packs*.
• Shape your sound with 6 live-controllable FX.
• Send tracks to your friends or play them live.
MAKE BEATS, PLAY LIVE
• 2 grids of 16 responsive pads each.
• 35 kinds of instruments.
• Make beats in seconds thanks to an intuitive design.
RECORD YOUR OWN BEATS
• Record up to 4 sequences, one at a time.
• Use the metronome to play on beat.
• Loop sequences or play them one after another.
POWERFUL LIVE FX
• 6 live-controllable FX, including Delay and Reverb.
• Launch two FX simultaneously - one on each grid.
• Activate each FX from the grid.
ENTER A WORLD OF SOUND
• Pick your favorite styles among 40 packs (more to come)*.
• Features packs inspired by popular songs.
• Create pro-sounding tracks with high-quality sounds.
SHARE WITH THE WORLD
• Record your tracks in M4A.
• Share your tracks to SoundCloud, or via email, cloud or messaging apps.
• Get tips to build your skills in the News section.
*requires a subscription
PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION PLANS
The app offers weekly and yearly subscription plans to unlock all sound packs.
Please note that subscription will auto-renew unless cancelled. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period at the cost of the chosen subscription plan.
To stop your subcription, go to Account Settings and turn off Auto Renewal at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period.
Even if Auto Renewal is cancelled, currently active subscription will continue until the end of the current billing period.
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription.
Please go to our website for more information:
Follow us for the latest product news and updates:
- Fix Pixellated instrument icons in android 7 for when viewing BPM view
- Fix several crash when trying to record sequences
- Add a menu button for each pack in pack library
- Add a button to clear sequence when recording it
- Force the repeat mode when recording sequence
- Other minor UI improvements