It had some other updates as well the last two months.
Happy to see this getting steady updates.
I liked this one and it worked for better or worse in its own peculiar way with a more automatic sequencing of notes which had to be recorded in pattern presets or made beforehand.
This leads to a different results that may not have come up otherwise.
In either case now it is possible to sequence notes as in most other apps if desired.
(I do recommend to fuck around with the recording of pre programmed sequences though and see what happens). It is also possible to load your own drum samples as well to and that is always a good thing.
There is three synthesizers built into the app and they all come with a decent amount of controls. The drums are sampled but you can tune them and do some other changes to them.
Here is the Google Play info:
WHAT'S NEW- improved track saving
- note editing
- accessible storage directory, manage saves, exports and drumsamples
- MIDI over USB (requires Android 6.0)
Beatonal is a virtual groovebox and music maker app, enabling you to easily create and share your musical ideas using the built-in synthesizer and drum machine.
Create loops using the eight customizable rhythmic drumpads, and effortlessly sketch chord progressions and melodies with the pattern-based rhythmic keyboards.
This app is free to try, but requires an in-app purchase to unlock all advanced features and project saving.
other features include:
- 4 audio channels: drum machine, base, chords and lead
- Input is automatically fixed to a user selectable scale
- Minimal audio latency
- Contains demo tracks to get you started
- Analog synth with two oscillators, FM, AM and pitch modulation, lowpass filter, and various effects
- Contains 60 built-in synth presets, but you can also create and store your own presets
- Store tracks on your device
- User friendly track sharing through track-url's
- Export track as MIDI so you can continue your work inside other apps or a DAW
- Export track as wav
- Small app size, runs on virtually all android devices (Android 2.3 and higher)
- Send MIDI over USB so you can play live music on your pc with low latency (requires Android 6.0)
- Import your own drumsamples
This is a great and fun app and it is easy to get results that may not have come otherwise.
It inspires to try new things without any real hassle. There is small niggles and maybe the biggest one for me is that the colours of the interface makes it very hard to see on a small screen.
But then again after a while paying with the app there is no need to read what things do.
It is a free demo and 2 $ for a paid version that allows for saving and exporting midi and wav files. It is worth it and I hope there is a lot of people getting it so the developer gets inspired to continue working on this and/or other apps.
Have a feeling that this Groovebox app will grow into something interesting as it already have some fresh ideas built into it.
- improved playback
- added swing
- added chord-arp
Please, pretty please make a donation to
Musical android You can do it! It will feel amazing afterwards!!!