Have not delved deeper into this but it looks like it could be one of the better composition tools on Android. It is using the General Midi instruments in your device but can export the midi for later use in other apps/software. Also interesting that they forego the pianoroll and use a more up to down tracker stylelee for composing. Made for easy re-harmonising and other handy tools for faster composing. Maybe a slight learning curve as it comes with more deeper functions than other midi sequencers but should be learnt in an hour or so without too much hassle.
Comes with in-app purchase...
Google play link:
Google Play info:
Create your own music and songs and play with a multi-track MIDI sequencer.
Turn your ideas into full songs; write and modify sections, chords, notes, and drum hits, quickly and productively.
Immerse yourself in your music, make a song and play with more than one hundred instruments.
It combines several tools to let you quickly shape your songs while exploring different ideas.
For example you can try out different harmonies of a song section: write it once and hear how it sounds when played in different chord progressions, with the one-of-its kind feature of automatic harmonic transposition.
It includes a step sequencer for drum hits, a piano roll editor for detailed note editing, a rhythm editor to try out different rhythm alternatives. Plus, organize your song into sections and modify and repeat them at will. You will be amazed how fast, easy and fun writing music can be with this app.
The sounds are produced by the MIDI synthesizer of your device, so you can choose among all the 128 instruments specified by the General MIDI standard, which include many types of guitars, basses, pianos, brasses, strings, pads, synthesizers, percussion, woods and some effects.FEATURES
- Multi-track sequencer;
- 6 different editors;
- 128 instruments;
- Mixer to program each track's instrument and volume, and to mute/solo the tracks;
- Automatic Harmonic Transposition: lets you apply different chord progressions to the music you are writing, so as to choose whatever sounds best;
- Playing range selection;
- Save and reuse groups of bars and chord progressions in other songs and/or tracks;
- Quickly copy and modify a section or an entire song;
- Automatic saving at each modification of your composition;
- Export to MIDI format: you can import the .mid file generated to your preferred DAW and take it to the next level, with further sound processing;
- Export all your songs, groups of bars, and chord progressions into the external memory of your device, so you can import all your library to another device, or make a backup copy of your work;
- Import from the external memory (what you have previously exported);
- In-depth integrated user manual, with everything explained.
- Song Section Editor: to organize the sections (verses, choruses, etc.);
- Chords Editor: to write chord progressions;
- Tracks Editor: to organize the bars of the multi-track sequencer;
- Notes Editor: to write notes into the tracks;
- Drums Editor: step sequencer for percussive sounds;
- Rhythm Editor: to write chords based on rhythm;
WHAT THIS APP IS:
- Simply put: it's a tool to write and make music (your own music!) and we think it's quite good at it!
- It assists your music-writing creative process, from initial ideas to complete songs;
- You can use it for any type of music compositions, and it's particularly suited to songs;
- You can use it alone, or in combination with a DAW: first write a multi-track MIDI file, then import it in your DAW to apply audio effects and do more elaborate mixing;
- The benefits of using this app relative to another music editor is that it does things from the music composer point of view, rather than the sound/mixing engineer;
WHAT THIS APP IS NOT:
- It's not a tool to automatically generate music from loops or algorithms, you are regarded as a music composer, not just a user;
- It's not a one-fit-all tool: it excels in the creative, music-writing part of your work.
WHO CAN BENEFIT FROM THIS APP:
- Musicians, songwriters, composers, anyone who enjoys writing, composing and making music.
You don't need to be a professional musician to use this app, but it's better if you know at least the basics of music theory (but don't worry if you don't because this app can be an invaluable learning tool for you).
This free version is fully functional so you can make a full evaluation. Only saving and import/export are disabled.
Finally, it's an app written by musicians for musicians!
A new application from the same developer that made "Piano Chords, Scales Companion" that I end up using fairly often (mostly for reverse engineering scales). It is kind of a band in the box app and as many new apps nowadays it comes with a collaborative function built in.
For free with in-app purchases...
Google Play info:
Songtive is a songwriting tool, band and social network for musicians of all levels. Songtive allows you to compose, experiment with arrangements for songs provided by the Songtive community or songs you have created yourself. It helps you to organize your favorite songs and chord charts, and to share them with your friends.
It's easy to use other users’ styles or drumsets for your own songs. Just choose your style (or styles) and Songtive will do the rest. For greater flexibility, you can create drumsets and attach them to your song, with different drumsets and styles for intro, outro, and the start/end of particular sections.
Choosing a style does not restrict you to one instrument. You can create styles to play flute for only the root note of song chords, adding another style to play arpeggiated chord.
Song Editor helps you to quickly find chords and set alternative names for them. If you don't see the correct alternative chord name, just send us your request and we'll add it at the next update.You can use Songitve for lots of different ways - you can practice a song with the help of guitar & piano chords. You can create arrangements and use it as electronic accompany band or just use Songtive to compose a unique ringtone by exporting your composed music/songs as MP3 files.
See our video tutorials to better understand Songtive’s flexibility: http://bit.ly/1rSCTT7
• You can create, compose, accompany your own song/music and attach custom styles/drumsets. Songtive will do the rest
• Unlimited number of styles/drumsets
• Unlimited ways to use custom accompaniment created by you
• Wide set of instruments including: Piano, Guitar, Bass, Viola, Acoustic Guitar, Flute, Cello and others
• Convert your song, plus accompaniment, to MIDI/MP3 file or to use it as ringtone.
• Store your songs in Songtive cloud
• Songtive has read-only web access, allowing you to share your song/music with friends using Facebook, Twitter, Google+, or use the embed mode to embed it into your blog
• Flexible mixer to allow mute, solo or specific styles/drumsets in your song
• Share your records via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
• Change tempo, key signature, time signature, keys and instruments
• Guitar chords
• Piano chords
Enjoy, and stay tuned for more updates. This is only the beginning!
Follow us on
It is very easy to use and what it does is randomizing a beat for you and you can see the rhythm laid out in notation. This you can change around with accents and changing the drums around plus more settings to adjust things to your liking.
This is excellent if you have a hard time programming drums as you can just copy the rhythm patterns in your sequencer when there is something that sounds good.
As a bonus learning how to program rhythms just by copying the patterns would get fixed in your minds eye for future use.
Not to talk about using it for practicing instruments or to learn drums, hey there is even hand / foot and accent notation.
But there is one glaring omission and that is that it can only play one drum sound at a time...
So for the hi-hat patterns it is still necessary to think a little bit for yourself, the same with the kick and snare... and there is no time signatures except 4/4.
There is bpm though and it can still be of help as it can make the ground work easier for non players. Hopefully it will be expanded upon as for me it could be a lot of help rhythmically.
For free and it is supposed to be publicity but there has been none on my device.
Play Store link:
Have been taking a look at this application and even though I do not play the piano see it as something that can be most useful when it comes to composing with any kind of piano sequencer.
You can try out chord progressions in countless ways and if you want export to midi.
One thing that I found captivating was the possibility to choose a scale and it lists all the chords that can be played using that scale... This must be one of the easiest way to compose, to have an impressive array of chords or to find some more exotic chords knowing that they will go with your melody you have made.
You could just sit with it open on your device while you work with another device or computer.
In general it has a lot of use and there is videos to look at to find out if it is something you would be
Please make a donation to