Waiting for some Specdrums to review. Meanwhile I will look at theses here vids.
This app can transfer MIDI-information (Notes and Control-Data) per USB.
- Simple resizable Multitouch Midi-Keyboard with Velocity and Channel Controls
- Buttons to send Midi-Notes
- Customizable Push-Buttons (Trigger & On/Off) to send Midi-Control-Info
- Customizable Slider to send Midi-Control-Info
More than 500 Push-Buttons and Slider can be added that work on 16 Different Midi-Channels. This way you can build your own interface with all the controls you want to have to fully control the DAW you are working with. Add a new Midi-Control, map it with your DAW and start working.
This App is still in development, Midi-Controls will be fully customizable in future (change control-information-value and channel). Midi-Devices will be connectable per bluetooth.
If you buy this version already you support the development of this application.
If being an Ableon Live user his should be worth checking out.
It is pricey for being an Android app but for sure cheaper than Push...
To read he whole review go here:
Here is the stolen summary...
+ No in-app purchase needed to control Live devices
+ Split-screen view
+ Smooth and fast to get around
+ Wi-Fi or cable connection
– No cheap upgrade from previous version
– You might miss pots and faders
touchAble Pro is the best app controller for Live, and a solid rival for Ableton’s Push – each has its unique advantages. Not cheap, as apps go, but a bargain for what it does. Absolutely recommended.
This had a small journey that have been going on for around two years since first being announced on Kickstarter to later being bought up by a toy company doing robotic starwars toys and other things.
So now it is here and have been fascinated by this since seeing it at first.
Basically it is rings that can easily learn to read colours that can be used to trigger sounds on a device through bluetooth.
It seems to work good and hopefully will get some extra monies to buy a pair and try them out.
Was hoping that the price would be lower. My treshold being set to around fifty up to 60... for two of them as one would seem a little bit too limited.
Now they are about 65 monies for one and 100 for two.
They do look like a lot of fun though and would be great for playing live as it can use colours on anything, like clothes or paintings etc.
To see a whole band perform tapping walls would look wonderful!
To have a couple of these for a theatre would seem like a must...
Here is a short list of what can be done:
What is worth is important to mention as well is that it can be used to trigger other software that allows for Bluetooth midi.
It will be fun to see what people will do with this.
Also hope to see them used on Android with some different devices to see how they perform.
To read more or see more videos go here:
Nice that there is already integration for some midi controller!
There is a couple of apps out by this developer and they are all low latency.
From Youtube description:
Advanced midi support in the android app Analog Synthesizer by rockrelay. Tests on android and Xiaomi Redmi 5 with Novation Impulse 61 Arturia Keylab and Access Virus Ti2 as a master midi keyboard. Perfect midi support of multiple midi devices.
Seems like a nice investment if using Ableton Live.
To Read the review go here:
There is a lot of small funny toys now for anyone with some extra cash...
These looks like they could be fun and the app provide a lot of control that would have been hard to fit into such small machines otherwise...
Myself have been snared into toyland and have a small drum machine -tek.Drum and in the end got a Volca Bass for a good price second hand.
So it is nice to have these things around as they provide some inspiration.
How much they actually gets used in the end is something else...
If using FL Studio DAW and did not know or forgot that there is a controller app for free this video shows it being used...
There is some controllers for Abeton Live but they do cost... The last one around 30 monititas...
So that Image Line did this for free is definitively a plus in my book.
Another Ableton Live controller. Also one of the higher priced apps on Android...
35.99 in Euro Monies...
Here is a post that CDM wrote about it:
Remember seeing this when it was on Kickstarter and it got released but not for long as a company called Sphero bought it up.
Maybe that was good as the Android app did not seem to work so good and a bigger company will probably spend more money on Android developers?
It shoulld be released in some months and seeing videos it looks mighty faboulus!
Just the idea to have a small concert with some phones and coloured papers or play clothes with patches on them etc...
The company makes robot toys and it looks like in good quality. But the rings should not be very expensive to manufacture so hopefully there will be a low price.
Waiting eagerly to see the price and see how well it will work with the Android app and if okay will for sure get a set of rings. at least one for each hand.
This is the webpage to the developers of the concept:
The developer/s have been involved doing one OSC app for Android earlier and seems like an interesting bunch of people/s. This latest offering is a VSTi that is made for generating more droney type of sounds and it sounds interesting but they also developed a controller app for it.
What strike me is that they only did it for Android.
Picking up the general vibe from videos seen some months ago it seems to be because of idealogical reasons and I can certainly identify with that!
So here is the website with a whole ot of more information regarding the VSTi:
CONTROL Ocean Swift Aeolian Meditation with your Android phone or tablet!!!
Aeolian Meditation Control lets you control the Aeolian Meditation VSTi and or standalone synthesizer using your phone or tablet with full bi-directional control capability. Every parameter on the device is represented on the app, as well as enhanced functionality such as XY pads and randomizers..
for either bi or uni directional control of the Aeolian Meditation VSTi or standalone device from any Android phone or tablet.
VSTI & STANDALONE ADDICTIVE SYNTHESIS
Aeolian Meditation is a complex additive synthesizer with a unique a-symmetrical design capable of generating unique and beautiful melodies, meditative and hypnotic tones, movie and game and musical soundscapes… Where the only limit is your imagination
Aeolian Meditation features intricate and powerful modulation capabilities where everything is modulated by dedicated controls, evolving in free rate or in sync with the project tempo. Volumes, frequencies, filters, effects – sound emerges and flows in magical directions.
POWERFUL FM CAPABILITIES
The FM especially allows for out-of-this-world sounds.
Not only can you toggle the FM source from midi to a set note to a frequency knob, the FM also utilizes dedicated modulators that tweak the source frequency and FM depth.
Play it like a monophonic synth or morph your vibes to strange and magical planets by switching to note or frequency based drone mode
A VARIED AND COLORFUL EFFECT SECTION
Effects section featuring reverb, delay, chorus, reducer and filter.
Endlessly sculpt your sound beyond the initial synthesis.
This video show the new workflow for step recording your 7Pad v2 chord progressions and easy way to plug it in your DAW with the USB midi out control.
It promises easy fuzzy free plug n play midi controlling which seems to be missing from similar offerings as they normally involve setting up stuff and in many cases induces hairloss and years of aging in an hours time...
There is tutorials to see on their Youtube channel...
Pure Chords is the smoothest and easiest ever music keyboard and controller. Control your DAW, VSTi, hardware, software - anything that can be controlled by MIDI!
- NO hassle fiddling with OSC messages!
- NO hassle fiddling with dodgy setting up!
- WORKS straight out-of-the-box-plug-n-play!
Pure Chords Information and Demonstration Videos @ Youtube
Download the Pure Chords Server for Windows 32/64bit
Download the full manual here:
--- Installation and Setup ---
- Download and install the Pure Chords app on your Android device.
- Download the Pure Chords Server computer program.
- If applicable set your firewalls and routers to point port 9000 at your computer. If you need to know the specific computer IP for that - click start, type in cmd, click enter, type in ipconfig, click enter and your computer’s ip within your network will show as the IPv4 address.
- Open the Pure Chords Server. If your firewall asks permission for the server to use the internet, allow it passage.
- Select the MIDI output driver you would like to use. You must have available MIDI drivers for both your DAW and Pure Chords if you would like to use your phone to control DAW plugins. If that is not available with your setup look into a virtual midi driver like loopMIDI, LoopBe1 or Hubi's Loopback MIDI Driver (or any other) to add some virtual drivers.
- Open the Pure Chords app.
- Navigate to the app’s settings page and set your IP address. You can use http://www.whatsmyip.com to get this quickly.
- Match the port and instance number between the app and the server.
- Assign the MIDI channel and any MIDI CC numbers you would like to use.
- Confirm settings and return to the app’s main page. That’s it!
- Remember - each time you update the app check to see if the server has been updated too!
Software Attribution Credits
The development of this software was made possible using the following components:
Material by Rey Licensed Under: Apache License 2.0
oscp5 by sojamo Licensed Under: LGPL-2.1
I want to thank Andy for bringing this to my attention and it must be good news for anyone using Studio One as their DAW. Being an official app from PreSonus they use the same setup as the DAW and they made it for free, it seems like a perfect controller if using Studio One.
PreSonus® Studio One® Remote is a free Android remote control app designed specifically for use with PreSonus Digital Audio Workstation Studio One 3 Artist* and Professional on Mac® and Windows® computers. It’s the perfect companion, both as a “second screen” app in a workstation setup or as a flexible mobile remote for recording, mixing and editing when away from the computer.
Studio One Remote is based on the PreSonus software applications framework and utilizes the UCNET protocol for network connectivity and remote control. This is the same technology that powers PreSonus remote control apps such as UC Surface, as well as the popular multitrack live recording software Capture™ (desktop) and Capture for iPad.
- Remote control of Studio One 3 transport and mix console
- Commands page for access to all Studio One factory and user commands and macros
- Control up to 28 plug-in parameters using Control Link
- PreSonus UCNET networking technology for ultra-fast connectivity
- Macro Control view for quick access to FX parameters
- Fast song navigation using scalable timeline, marker list and Arranger sections
- Control any Studio One system on the same network; control a single Studio One with multiple remote apps simultaneously
- Start Page with demo mode and integrated Quick Help
- Access multiple Cue Mixes with independent faders
- Access record modes, Pre-count and Metronome settings
- Remote control over critical PreSonus hardware functions (currently supported products: Studio 192-series USB 3.0 interfaces, Quantum Thunderbolt™ interfaces, StudioLive AI-series mixers, and StudioLive Series III mixers)
Compatible with Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 or later and a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher. The Android device must be connected to the same wireless network as a Mac or Windows computer running Studio One 3 Professional.
* Studio One 3 Artist support requires the Studio One Remote add-on. Studio One add-ons are available at shop.presonus.com.
Please, pretty please make a donation to
Musical android You can do it! It will feel amazing afterwards!!!