This video show the new workflow for step recording your 7Pad v2 chord progressions and easy way to plug it in your DAW with the USB midi out control.
It promises easy fuzzy free plug n play midi controlling which seems to be missing from similar offerings as they normally involve setting up stuff and in many cases induces hairloss and years of aging in an hours time...
There is tutorials to see on their Youtube channel...
Pure Chords is the smoothest and easiest ever music keyboard and controller. Control your DAW, VSTi, hardware, software - anything that can be controlled by MIDI!
- NO hassle fiddling with OSC messages!
- NO hassle fiddling with dodgy setting up!
- WORKS straight out-of-the-box-plug-n-play!
Pure Chords Information and Demonstration Videos @ Youtube
Download the Pure Chords Server for Windows 32/64bit
Download the full manual here:
--- Installation and Setup ---
- Download and install the Pure Chords app on your Android device.
- Download the Pure Chords Server computer program.
- If applicable set your firewalls and routers to point port 9000 at your computer. If you need to know the specific computer IP for that - click start, type in cmd, click enter, type in ipconfig, click enter and your computer’s ip within your network will show as the IPv4 address.
- Open the Pure Chords Server. If your firewall asks permission for the server to use the internet, allow it passage.
- Select the MIDI output driver you would like to use. You must have available MIDI drivers for both your DAW and Pure Chords if you would like to use your phone to control DAW plugins. If that is not available with your setup look into a virtual midi driver like loopMIDI, LoopBe1 or Hubi's Loopback MIDI Driver (or any other) to add some virtual drivers.
- Open the Pure Chords app.
- Navigate to the app’s settings page and set your IP address. You can use http://www.whatsmyip.com to get this quickly.
- Match the port and instance number between the app and the server.
- Assign the MIDI channel and any MIDI CC numbers you would like to use.
- Confirm settings and return to the app’s main page. That’s it!
- Remember - each time you update the app check to see if the server has been updated too!
Software Attribution Credits
The development of this software was made possible using the following components:
Material by Rey Licensed Under: Apache License 2.0
oscp5 by sojamo Licensed Under: LGPL-2.1
I want to thank Andy for bringing this to my attention and it must be good news for anyone using Studio One as their DAW. Being an official app from PreSonus they use the same setup as the DAW and they made it for free, it seems like a perfect controller if using Studio One.
PreSonus® Studio One® Remote is a free Android remote control app designed specifically for use with PreSonus Digital Audio Workstation Studio One 3 Artist* and Professional on Mac® and Windows® computers. It’s the perfect companion, both as a “second screen” app in a workstation setup or as a flexible mobile remote for recording, mixing and editing when away from the computer.
Studio One Remote is based on the PreSonus software applications framework and utilizes the UCNET protocol for network connectivity and remote control. This is the same technology that powers PreSonus remote control apps such as UC Surface, as well as the popular multitrack live recording software Capture™ (desktop) and Capture for iPad.
- Remote control of Studio One 3 transport and mix console
- Commands page for access to all Studio One factory and user commands and macros
- Control up to 28 plug-in parameters using Control Link
- PreSonus UCNET networking technology for ultra-fast connectivity
- Macro Control view for quick access to FX parameters
- Fast song navigation using scalable timeline, marker list and Arranger sections
- Control any Studio One system on the same network; control a single Studio One with multiple remote apps simultaneously
- Start Page with demo mode and integrated Quick Help
- Access multiple Cue Mixes with independent faders
- Access record modes, Pre-count and Metronome settings
- Remote control over critical PreSonus hardware functions (currently supported products: Studio 192-series USB 3.0 interfaces, Quantum Thunderbolt™ interfaces, StudioLive AI-series mixers, and StudioLive Series III mixers)
Compatible with Android devices running Lollipop 5.0 or later and a screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or higher. The Android device must be connected to the same wireless network as a Mac or Windows computer running Studio One 3 Professional.
* Studio One 3 Artist support requires the Studio One Remote add-on. Studio One add-ons are available at shop.presonus.com.
So this interesting controller is on sale and is now 11.99€/13.57$ until September 12.
Lemur is the world's best MIDI/OSC controller app, now available on Android!Benefiting from nearly 10 years of development, Lemur is synonymous with multitouch music control. All these major artists can't be wrong: Daft Punk. Björk, Plastikman, CHVRCHES, Glitch Mob, Sub Focus, Max Cooper, Barker & Baumecker, Orbital and many more.
Version 5.0 introduces the incredible new Canvas object and the Sequencer family of features with rock solid timing.
Canvas — Canvas is a brand new object that lets you script custom widgets with full multitouch support. The object is adapted from the HTML5 Canvas element, which means you can design widgets featuring complex shapes, animation, shadows, and transparency The Canvas object opens the door to a completely new Lemur experience, where the appearance and behaviour of objects can be designed to precisely match the demands of your project. Polygons, waveforms, circular objects and infinitely more are all possible with Canvas.
Sequencer — Lemur 5.0 introduces a family of new features for tight sequencing. This includes three new objects: StepNote, StepSwitch and StepSlider. Each of these provides a different flavour of sequencing and is ready to use right out of the box. The objects do the hard work for you, simple add them to your template and they are ready to control your MIDI instruments.
Skins — Lemur features three new skins, in addition to the classic look. Choose the look that fits your style and get inspired.
Connectivity — Lemur Android supports OSC and MIDI over Wi-Fi, as well as over USB with 3rd party tethering utilities.
REQUIREMENT (for the Lemur Daemon):
- OS X (Intel only) 10.5+
- Windows (XP SP3 or 7 recommended)
Android is a vast platform and Liine had to choose which devices to support from the very beginning. Lemur is officially supported on Nexus 7 - this means that if you buy it for this device, Liine are committed to getting you up and running. It has also been tested on various Android 4.2+ devices with positive results. The list of officially supported devices will grow in the near future.
You can see a list of all devices users have installed Lemur on the Liine Wiki Docs:
Simply connect your Android device to your laptop and make the connection!
Interesting if you are a guitar player and have Android 6.01 to see more info about compatability go here:
Google Play info:
The jamstik+ is a digital SmartGuitar with real strings and real frets. It connects wirelessly to Android®, iPad®, iPhone® and Mac® and works with a multitude of music apps for beginners and pros alike. The jamstik+ senses where your fingers are before you even pluck a string which makes learning incredibly intuitive via our included guitar teaching curriculum. It’s always in tune, and is a breeze to connect wirelessly with your device via Bluetooth LE. The jamstik+ is more than a guitar. It’s also a MIDI controller, which means it can sound like almost any instrument you can think of. It’s also portable enough to put in your backpack, carry-on luggage, or briefcase so you can play anywhere.jamstik+ is the official companion app designed to establish your Android/iPad/iPhone connection to the jamstik device. The jamstik+ app also monitors your jamstik+ for battery status, firmware updates, and connection protocol selection.
The jamstik+ app has over 15 sounds to choose from and features an extensive guitar chord and guitar scale library which makes it easy to practice guitar with instant feedback. You can also fine-tune the performance of your jamstik+ with string sensitivity settings, one-touch custom tunings, and more. The portable nature of the jamstik+ and your mobile device means you can plug in headphones and practice in private.
For more information on the jamstik+, please visit our website at www.jamstik.com
So McDonalds have done something that I begrudgingly must admit is cool...
This is something that happened in Netherlands and it was only for one day.
They have used conductive ink that got printed on Place mats as can be seen above that can be used to control and record a music app that goes with Android and iOS.
If I was living in the Netherlands guess I would have had to eat one of their disgusting hamburgers to play with this! But have a feeling that this will happen in some other countries as well so maybe keep an eye out on the local McDonalds...
Unfortunately conductive ink do not last too long on paper as any crinkle is like breaking the circuit otherwise it would be a neat thing to keep around.
If any reader played with this please let us know what you thought in the comment section!
Ahhh good news for guitar players that can not be bothered with keyboards.
Android 6.01 is necessary though.
It is not out yet but there is the possibility to sign up to get to know when it is ready plus to know more about what to expect...
Since there are many request to play chromatically on Volca Sample, I have manage to create a simple app. You can connect your midi keyboard. I used Korg microKey 61. And play piano on your volca sample. Cost of the app is free. The setup is shown in the photo above.You will need
1. OTG cable $1 at amazon
2. usb to midi cable $24 at amazon
3. a 4 port usb hub. No need if you are using Korg microKeys as it already have 2 usb slot.
Alternatively you can buy the above accessories direct from me so that you can be sure they will work.
For the sample, you can use factory default 74 which is a electric piano sound on the volca sample. For me, I use my another app to record A4(440Hz) note from my piano and transfer to my volca sample. You can download it here at
Volca Sample Transfer -
After you have a sample, you can tweat it on the volca sample. As you play on your keyboard, the sound will be based on your adjusted parameter!
The app auto configures your midi in and midi out devices. Alternatively, you can download the device button app "Midi Connect" to manually configure your midi.
Was going to write about this and forgot but saw this video and got reminded and god damn this will be leading to unexpected and of course obvious uses.
Midi keyboards and controllers for some direct playing and composing are the most obvious ones. But there will be more out of the box thinking when this comes into full swing. I am looking forward to when this is an actuality and it seems that the development is far ahead so it could be not too far of into the future.
One thing that suddenly makes smart watches interesting for music making is when this gets implemented. I have really been wondering what real uses smart watches are bringing to the table but now...
To read more:
Please make a donation to