New drum machine.
Play Store info:
From music producers to casual users, SNAP will help you create great drum patterns in any musical style, on the fly, with your fingertips.
SNAP can also help you in the studio, by providing seamless variations of your patterns, under your complete interactive control. Program or load drum patterns, store your favorite variations, and export them to your DAW, all on a continuous and free-flowing loop.
SNAP is also a powerful tool for your live sessions, providing you with subtle or radical changes, from sudden drops to ecstatic crescendos, all fully and instantaneously controllable under your fingertips.
SNAP can communicate with your music apps, drum machines, DAWs and other musical equipment via MIDI OUT and Ableton Link ®. SNAP’s full integration with NI’s Maschine Jam ®, allows it to communicate bidirectionally to become its “drumming brain”. Compatibility with other control devices will be rolled-out progressively.
SNAP can also communicate with your other music apps, drum machines, DAWs and other musical equipment via MIDI OUT and Ableton Link ®. SNAP’s full integration with Native Instruments Maschine Jam ®, allows bidirectional communication with the controller for becoming its “drumming brain”. Compatibility with other control devices will be provided progressively.
SNAP provides the following features:
• 8 continuous density controllers, one for each drum voice.
• 4 different intelligent syncopation/reinforcement algorithms, independently selectable for each drum voice.
• MIDI IN and OUT integration.
• Ableton Link synchronisation support.
• A collection of drum kits, including samples inspired in the most iconic drum machines
• 8 snapshots for storing, recalling and updating drum patterns on the fly.
• A collection of drum patterns covering different styles
For anyone that likes tweakable drum machines and noise it is hard to find something as effective as this on Android...
Minor how-to fix
Added wav file export. Wavs are saved to the home directory under the format drgn_time.wav
Added presets golgotha, concrete, matrix, chainchamber
Fixed bass drum rate error
Fixed append error when overwriting presets
It is not so often lately that there is a new app and concept making an appearance. This looks like one. Have not tried it and am slightly skeptic as it seems more focused on the visual side of things but I could be wrong and it would have been good if they had a demo to try before as it is kind of expensive compared to other android apps.
But they do state that there will be a reduced free version soon.
EXPLORATION & EXPRESSION
With Mazetools: Soniface you can create various styles of electronic music. Everything based on common aspects of notation and music production. The in-app manual guides you towards a visual music experience.
HOW THE GRID WORKS?
The framework of action is a grid. Each line represents a single note. Shining lines are showing playing tones.
X-Y CONTROLLERS & MULTI-TOUCH
Use multi-touch gestures for altering sound effects or explore the circular editing interface.
DYNAMIC SOUND MODULATION
Merge sounds and geometric shapes! Draw sound waves and automation curves freely with your finger to modify the sound effects.
Just tap into the circle to set bass drum, snare and hi-hat steps. Easily adjust envelopes and pitch levels.
Let the grid play a sequence of notes automatically using the arpeggiator interface.
LIVE MODE & SPECIAL VISUALS
Use different patterns to create song variations. Add a special kaleidoscope visual to a pattern as a highlight.
SAVE YOUR CREATIONS
You can store single Mazes, patterns or whole sessions into a set. Add one set into another and extend your playing time.
We will bring spaced out updates and a reduced free version soon...
Get more information on:
Do you want to contact us? Visit our company website:
https://ectoplastic.com/WHAT'S NEW- Synthesizer based on an audiovisual grid implying common aspects of notation
- 3 way monophone drum synthesizer with envelope, pitch and noise level control and automation setup
- integrated manual
- unlimited pattern and instrument implementation
- arpeggiator interface, envelope setup & note step sequencer
- special “kaleidoscope” visual to highlight patterns
- full-screen mode
- easy composition playback
- versatile file library
Have been playing with this some days now and it is a cool thing.
It is dirty and different. It is not sample based and comes with a handfull of effects.
The layout is to scroll from the top to the bottom, starting with the bass drum and ending with the effects section.
There is not many drum machines for Android based on synthesized drums so that makes this interesting but what makes it even more interesting is that there is no drum machine that sounds like it either.
Anyone interested in aggressive noisy sounds or chiptune should definitevely check this out.
Do think that it is also good to have anyway as it fun to tweak and just being different makes it an added possibility that is hard to get to with other apps.
There is a demo that is useful if you want to sit and record into a DAW for example the full version comes with preset saving and soon to come audio recording.
It is made using Pure Data and ported to Android using LibGDX which is the same as the developer working on Pure Data Party apps. It seems to be shortest way for someone that wants to make quality apps but do not have years to spend how to code properly...
The developer is also active musically and you can hear his music here:
Dragon - Synth Drum Machine
Dragon is a drum machine built to quickly and easily make glitch, distorted, lofi drum beats and manipulate them live. The drums are simple and flexible, capable of some classic drum machine sounds and also new weirdness. Each is synthesized in real time and sent to a multi effect rig with variable speed stutter, bit reduction, pitched feedback delay and a resonant bandpass filter. The drums are triggered by a four pattern step sequencer. Patterns can be changed individually for each drum or triggered together for quick pattern switches for all drums.
Four pattern sequencer with local and global pattern control
BPM control with nudging
Three drum synths:
-Asymmetry and tanh(x) for tape like distortion
-Pitched feedback delay
-Retrigger (aka stutter/buffer) with variable speed and reversing
-Resonant bandpass filter
Preset management requires permission for file storage read/write (optional on Android M+)
Unpaid version disables preset saving and audio recording
Audio recording coming soon. Possible future ports to desktop and ios. Made with Pure Data and libGDX
Full parameter and effect reference:
Freq: Frequency. Locks into semitones so you an harmonize easily
Decay: Amplitude decay
Freq Env Dec: Frequency envelope decay. Changes how fast the pitch drops
Freq Env Amt: Frequency envelope amount. Changes how much the pitch drops
Tone Low Dec: Tone low decay
Tone High Dec: Tone high decay
Noise Dec: Noise decay
FM: Frequency modulate the low tone by the high tone
Freq: Frequency. Locks into semitones so you an harmonize easily, though overtones from fm and the high tone bring inharmonic tones
Freq Env: Frequency envelope. Changes how much the pitch drops
Delay: Feedback delay
Delay ms: Milliseconds of delay
FM: Frequency modulate the tone
Tone Dec: Tone decay
Tone Amp: Tone amplitude
Noise Dec: Noise decay
Noise Amp: Tone amplitude
Retrig: Loop audio by the specified time interval (1/2, 1/8, 1/16, 1/32 notes)
Rev: reverse retrigger’s playback
Speed: control the speed of the retrigger’s playback
Bit Red: Bit reducer. Mixes in a low bit signal
BP Filt: Band-pass filter. All the way left is off
Tanh: Amplifies and the waveshapes the signal through a hyperbolic tangent curve. Creates a tape-like distortion
Asym: Adds to the signal, creating a DC offset. Doesn’t do much unless you have Tanh turned a bit
Down Samp: Down-sample the signal
Reverb: Mixes in reverb signal
Delay: Pitched feedback delay dry/wet
Delay ms: Milliseconds of delay
Freq: Adjust the pitch that the delayed signal is adjusted by. Also locks into semitones
Skarabee a long time user of Caustic have done some music software before but now he took the BeatBox machine from Caustic and made into a VSTi to be loaded up in a DAW.
It would be cool to one day be able to load the whole of Caustic as a plug-in and who knows?
Also his website is full of Caustic resources such as instrument presets skins, samples and suchlike.
Here is what he says and the link to get it:
Some users had a dream of a VST version for some Caustic's machines. So I followed this dream and made this extended version of the Beatbox as VSTi.
A new drum machine that with all the basice covered and some more good stuff like integrated sampler.
Google Play information:
Drummalogic SP is a minimalistic easy-to-use (programmable) drum machine/rhythm composer with unique loadable drum samples and some real-time audio effects (echo/delay, redux, flanger, etc.).
Create groovy drum loops and music using a unique library of cool drum samples and 2 by 8 sequencer grid.
■ Studio quality sound
■ Drum samples from popular & classic drum machines (Roland TR 909, Roland TR 808, etc)
■ 16 drum pads
■ More than 6 (real-time) sound effects
■ integrated sampler
■ Metronome, mixer & (2 x 8) sequencer
■ Live pad recorder
■ Pitch shifter/bend for each drum sample
■ Adjustable volume
■ 16 recording memories
■ BPM/tempo control
■ Wav export Performance or loops
■ 3 drum kit banks
■ Reverse drum samples
■ Real-time effect slider (for high-pass filter and low pass filter, for now)
This is the first application ready from a developer that is (soon?) releasing some apps that will work in tándem with Caustic. This one does not though but if looking for a competent sample based drum machine this could be the ticket.
There is a demo versión to try...
The Lil Drum Machine is aimed at users that want to experiment with rhythms in isolation and then have the ability to export their beats to wav, ogg, midi loops or a Caustic app multi-loop .pcmsymth preset.Create wav/mid loops for your favorite DAW, the Caustic App or just have fun creating your own unique rhythms.
MIDI is exported as one file containing individual channels for each Lil Drum Machine channel. Easily load in your favorite MIDI editor or DAW of your choice.
Contains NO ADS for demo and full version, just pure uninterrupted drum sequencing fun.
A Demo version of this application is also available on Google Play.
- Create new projects from 12 existing kits.
- Load / Share existing projects.
- Export Selected pattern as wav, ogg or mid loops.
- Export all pattern loops to a Caustic App .pcmsynth Preset format. All loops are exported as wav files and mapped for loading into a Caustic PCMSynth as Caustic's native .pcmsynth preset format.
- Application settings for performance, UI scale and application defaults.
- Help link to online documentation, the app also installs local documentation in the Help directory.
- Master mix volume.
- Display for current project, pattern and pattern time.
- Play / Stop the pattern sequencer.
- Master and 12 channel VU metering.
- Tempo beats per minute 20bpm to 200bpm.
- Master effects editor, 2 insert effects and EQ on master channel.
- Select pattern lengths of 1, 2, 4 and 8 measures.
- Select pattern custom color and name (custom pattern name used in loop and pcmsynth exports).
- Select pattern Swing, 1/8th and 16ths grid types.
- Select pattern Follow through each measure during play.
- Select between 16 unique patterns with varying measure length.
- Select current pattern view / edit position when not in pattern follow mode.
- Copy / Paste all channel content.
- Copy / Paste all selected channel content.
- Double selected pattern content.
- Clear All Channels pattern content.
- Clear Selected Channels pattern content.
- Sequence 16th notes in a classic step sequencer.
- Adjust each note velocity with sliders.
- Show / Hide Position, Pattern, Velocity and StepSequencer with right drawer toggle buttons.
- Load an external wav sample for each channel.
- Adjust Amp Level, Tune, Decay.
- Adjust Efx Pan, Delay, Reverb sends.
- Adjust EQ High, Mid Bass range frequencies.
- Adjust Filter to None, LowPass, BandPass, HighPass
- Adjust Filter Cutoff and Resonance.
- Add 2 Effect inserts per channel. Choose from Compressor, MultiFilter, Delay, Reverb, Distortion, Bitcrusher, Flanger, Static Flanger, Comb Filter, Chorus, Phaser, Auto Pan effects.
- The Lil Drum Machine includes 12 classic and unique drum kits/percussion banks to get you started sequencing drum beats.
- All 144 wav samples are included so you can mix and match sounds if you do not have external wav samples already installed on your device. The samples are installed the Samples directory at application install time.
When exporting wav or ogg audio loops, the options exist to wrap the loop tail to beginning, cut the loop tail or detect full loop silence that contains all release effect tails. Exported audio exports to /root/LilDrumMachine/Exports on the device.
A easy to set up drum machine for practice or to make some beats fast but without sacrificing the possibilities of variation.
Google Play info:
Drum machine / pattern programmer:Create and play drum patterns / loops with a fast, easy to use interface. 3 levels per strike, 'choking' hi hat and fine control over tempo, swing and shuffle for great feel and timing.
Minimal ads and no time limits or interruptions. 2 built in kits with more available as upgrades.
No need to stop and start, even when loading a new pattern or a new drum kit. Patterns are saved as you go and you can create as many new patterns as you like.
Support for 2 bar patterns and the following time signatures:
3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 7/8, 9/8, 12/8 (via 4/4 with 100% swing)
The developer have done some apps for iOS and this is the first app for Android.
Did not play too much with it but it is pretty fun and it was not too complicated to figure out.
Without ads, for free and a it makes beats in a different way so worth checking out for anyone looking for something different.
Google Play info:
Insonic is a powerful music sound generator composing tool, designed for creating synth beats outside the usual beat box. Mixing between common BPM/Quantize and human move rhythms at live, this organic music sequencer has the ability to manipulate space rhythms and Q' time. Insonic's virtual sampler contains 144 sound sources; each sound spreads over 2 octaves and can be duplicated infinitely. Features: Wave recorder. Sound filters: HP/LP/BQ/EQ. Sound effects: Delay/Reverb/Flanger/Chorus Etc.
Oxxxide the developer/s that is behind Common Analog Synthesizer / Common FM Synthesizer /
ExSynth ( Fully Midi implemented and with sequencer built in, in short one of the more interesting synthesizers for Android... ) is now working on Androids second real time Drum synthesizer... They have only teased with this image but what is not seen is probably as in ExSynth extra views for effects and sequencer.
Hope it comes soooon!
Please make a donation to