It is strange that there is not more than fifty people that paid for the full version!
It has grown significantly since it first came. Also in the beginning it was highly unstable now it is stable and have a lot of functions that makes for the possiblitiy of very deep sound manipulations.
There are somethings that are not so obvious if not taking some time with it,
but it is pretty easy and fun to use after just an hour or so.
So recommend this for anyone that are into sound manipulation and experiments.
Happy to see it being updated regularly now (specially as hardly nobody paid for it since it came out over three years ago) and am curious in what will be added to it in the future as it already have some unique features.
Google Play info:
Grainstorm is a Granular Synthesizer/ Phase Vocoder with Crossynthesis functionality.
It can be used as/for:
- Sound design
- A standalone experimental musical instrument
- Ultralightweight design
- Four audio tracks
- Crossynthesis: Filtering output of one track by output of another track on a per grain basis.
- Cascading multiple tracks by the above mentioned effect.
- Spectral phase vocoder effects. (Only a few, simple ones right now. Probably more in the future.)
- Source files of up to seven minutes length in many different audio formats supported.
- Audiosource can be zoomed in and out until one audioframe per pixel is displayed to determine the exact position from where the grain is to be synthesized.
First use instructions:
1. Connect device to fat amp.
2. Choose input either directly recorded by pressing microphonebutton or prerecorded audiofile by pressing ejectbutton. (Audiofile loading requires unlocker.)
3. Move marker on the right side of waveform to determine playbackposition.
4. Press playbutton. Should playback sound in original form.
5. Enter settings by pressing the left sidepanel. To modify playbackspeed etc.
Please report bugs, opinions and suggestions to email@example.com
Note: On some devices audio clipping may occur or controls may not work.