Interested as fingerstyle guitar is what I am practicing and playing. It does not seem to be out yet tough. But there is a lot of other string based apps that the developer have released over the years so it should be at the Playstore anytime soon I guess?
Have looked at this and see it as something very helpful.
Specially if starting out on guitar as it can get you to understand how solos work or how to make melodies. Or if being stuck just trying to get ideas.
It is for guitar and more inclined for electric guitar work but could be used for sampling into other compositions or used for composing for other instruments as well.
Guitar Engineer is a guitar riffs and solos auto-composition app. It helps composing guitar riffs and solos and accompanying harmony. No matter if you are a professional musician or just music enthusiast it will help you think out of the box and unlock your creativity.
This is extended version of free app Guitar Engineer Lite - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyokovsolutions.guitarengineerlite
with many additional features:
- save melody and harmony as midi and text file
- change number of notes up to 64
- open saved melody
- many more scales
- customizable guitar tuning
- change number of frets on freatboard
- natural harmonics and slide articulation
- EXPERT auto composer
- harmonize melody - auto compose new harmony over existing melody
- AUTO MODE - when this mode is active then composed melody is repeatedly played and auto composed every 2 cycles and the good melodies can be saved while listening
- transpose melody up and down
There are two methods for composition:
- manual - you select notes and chords
- automatic - using the AUTO COMPOSER that chooses "right" notes and chords.
The COMPOSE ALL app feature creates a new melody and accompanying harmony from scratch. You can use this feature as fresh ideas generator and then tweak the melody.
The notes, chords and note articulation are changed using the drop down menus for each note.
If you want to auto compose some notes of melody just check them and press Compose Notes button. Then the notes will be composed for you.
How can you use it:
At app start wait for all sounds to load. It takes about 15 seconds.
1. Select RIFF or SOLO mode, tempo, note scale and note length.
2. Create melody rhythm by checking the checkboxes below the notes.
3. Press COMPOSE NOTES button to generate the notes for selected rhythm.
4. Listen to melody repeatedly and tweak the notes manually or with the help of auto composer by leaving checked the notes targeted for change .
5. You can select note articulation (muted/accented/slide/harmonics) using drop down menu on the bottom of each note.
You can play melody, harmony or rhythm by checking corresponding check boxes.
AUTO COMPOSER selects notes for these positions where the checkboxes are checked. If no notes are checked then melody is composed from scratch.
AUTO MODE - when active the melody is autocomposed every 4 (changeable in Settings) cycles. During playing you can save the composed melody via Save button.
Three types of AUTO MODE are available:
1. When AUTO MODE is active and COMPOSE ALL is selected then both melody and harmony will be autocomposed every 4 cycles. The text below button PLAY will show "AUTO ALL".
2. When AUTO MODE is active and COMPOSE NOTES is selected then melody only will be autocomposed every 4 cycles. The text below button PLAY will show "AUTO NOTES".
3. When AUTO MODE is active and COMPOSE CHORDS is selected then harmony only will be autocomposed every 4 cycles. The text below button PLAY will show "AUTO CHORDS".
The app manual - http://www.gyokovsolutions.com/manuals/guitarengineer_manual.php
Here are some videos that explain user interface. The videos are from Melody Engineer app, but the user interface is similar:
- Play controls - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94EJzS3xmkM
- Edit controls - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BypNdXy3Jso
- auto composing melody and harmony - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFki1tDvtvo
- AUTO MODE - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6y2VNgFpCE
Installed this the other day and it is a nice instrument that allows for bends and slides with a player friendly layout. Would recommend for anyone that are using virtual instruments for one more flavor.
MuseLead is a multi-touch synthesizer performance surface to play music. It's a musical instrument that simulates the electric guitar. It has an interface similar to the IOS instrument GeoShred.
With MuseLead, you can achieve guitar sounds such as continuous bends, sweepings, shredding, tappings and more..
You can edit presets with a complete list of guitar pedals to achieve original tones.
Important notes :
MuseLead is a musical instrument that needs low latency for better performance. However, Android devices are not known for the best user experience in terms of audio latency, therefore, we invite you to check your device latency in the link below before downloading.
Muselead should work perfectly with the following devices :
- Google Pixel
- HTC Nexus 9
- Nexus 6P
- Nexus 5X
We also tested the application on these devices :
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Huawei Nova 3i
- Huawei P20 Pro
- Hp Slate 8 Pro
- Samsung Galaxy J series
The application runs also on these devices but with lower performance
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A SM-T555
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
- Asus Laser 3
For all other devices please compare your audio latency in the link above.
Interesting app if looking for effects without latency as it works with USB sound cards.
Can be good thing to have in the arsenal.
This opens up a lot of possibilities to find tones easy...
Deplike turns your Android device into an easy-to-use Guitar Effects Processor (stompbox) and electric guitar amp kit.
★ 12 Electric, 1 Bass, 1 Acoustic Guitar Amp | 14 great sounding Amp simulations with low latency ★
• Tangerine Rocker 100 - A killer amp for Rockers and MetalHeads. Jim Root’s favorite one.
• SLO 100 - High-Gain growl and singing leads, Eddie Van Halen had used from the 1984 album onwards.
• Dual Recto - Recto is the most popular amplifier for metal and hard-rocking. Used by groups such as Metallica & Korn.
• JCM800 - Best choice for heaps of hard rock and metal players, used by Slayer, Guns N’ Roses.
• P-5550 - Hard-Rock & High Gain Monster, the Favorite amp of Corey Beaulieu of Trivium.
• JTM45 - Play like Angus Young with this tone monster, and remember 60’s and 70’s sounds.
• SVT Bass - Legendary Earth Shaking Bass Tones. Johnny Winter's legendary bass amp.
• Deplike Wapi - Based on JTM45, Classic British Rock Amplifier that defines 60's and 70's sound!
• BassBoy - Classic American Rock Amplifier that defines 60's and 70's sound! Paul McCartney played with it too.
• Fox AC30 - Favored by bands like Queen. Bright sound, British clean amplifier for vintage.
• Deplike Acoustic Amp - Best amp for Acoustic and Ukulele guitars lovers.
• Deplike Deluxe (free) - Deluxe amp has been used by Neil Young, Mike Campbell, Rich Robinson, Mark Knopfler, Billy Gibbons, and countless others.
• Deplike ANRG - High-gain amp with Deep low-end, Best for heavy metal players,
ANGR is the favorite amp of guitarist like Jeff Loomis.
• Deplike Crafter - The best crunchy tone amplifier.
• Deplike DST (free) - Clean and ultra gain, Satisfies the needs of the modern guitar player.
★ 21 Guitar Effects Pedals ★
Classic Overdrive Guitar Effects
OD 808 Guitar Effects
MetalHead Distortion Guitar Effects
Full Blast Distortion Guitar Effects
Dr.Muff Fuzz Guitar Effects
5 band Equalizer EQ
★ Tuner ★
WORKS ON EVERY GUITAR :)
We created presets that sound great on every guitar.
Watch the how to connect video: https://goo.gl/633Fp6
Join the community and learn more about the guitar.
Do you have a question? Contact Us.
SoundCloud Page for sample sounds:
Web Site: https://deplike.com
The Best Android Guitar Amp app and Guitar pedals, tools & effects Processor, Guitar Pedals App Android Guitar Rig application.
Deplike is a mobile application that turns your Android device into an electric and bass guitar amplifier kit. Instead of investing in an expensive and hard-to-carry amp, electric guitar players can quickly access, affordable purchase, and enjoy using Deplike easily on their mobile devices anywhere with their electric guitars.
Deplike is aiming a high-performance guitar amp, multi-effects processor and stompbox kit simulation with low latency.
Compatible Devices And Cables:
From 1.59 to 59 (Euro) is an okay deal for an utilitarian app like this.
This is the ad-free version.
- It presents more than 150 Music Scales from music around the world that are useful for any musician playing any kind of music on Guitar.
- It shows how each scale is written on the staff including the names of the notes and the Pattern of the Scale.
- You can listen to the scale.
- It shows the notes of each scale on a virtual Guitar so you can play it.
- It presents two shapes to play each scale on two octaves on the Guitar.
- You can select the device you are using (smartphone or tablet) so your fingers adapt better on the virtual Guitar size.
These are the scales included in this app:
1. Acoustic Scale
4. Ahava Rabboh
5. Altered Dominant
6. Altered Locrian b4
7. Altered Mixolydian
8. Altered Pentatonic
9. Ama Lama Cooma Scale
10. Bartok Scale
11. Bebop Dominant
13. Bebop Jazz Minor
14. Bebop Melodic Minor
15. Blues Scale
16. Blues Scale 2
17. Brown-eye Rabbit Scale
21. Diminished Blues
22. Dominant 7th Scale
23. Dominant Bebop
33. Dorian Hexatonic
34. Dorian Pentatonic
35. Dorico Flamenco
38. Double Harmonic Minor
40. Down in the Valley Scale
41. Enigmatic Mode 1
45. Half Tone Scale
46. Half-Whole Diminished
47. Harmonic Major
48. Harmonic Major Inverse
49. Harmonic Major Mode 2
54. Harmonic Major Mode 7
55. Harmonic Minor
57. Harmonic Minor Mode 2
62. Harmonic Minor Mode 7
63. Haul Away Joe Scale
65. Hira-joshi Mode 4
67. Hungarian Major
68. Hungarian Minor
71. Ionian #5
72. Ionian Hexatonic
73. Jazz Melodic Minor
74. Jazz Melodic Minor Mode 2
80. Jazz Minor Inverse
82. Kookaburra Scale
83. Leading Whole Tone
84. Little Sally Water Scale-Childhood Chant
86. Locrian #2
87. Locrian bb7
88. Locrian nat 6
90. Lydian #2
91. Lydian #5
92. Lydian Augmented
93. Lydian b7
94. Lydian Diminished
95. Lydian Dominant
96. Lydian Hexatonic
97. Lydian Minor
98. Major Augmented Scale
99. Major b6 Scale
100. Major Bebop
101. Major Bebop Mode 7
102. Major Locrian
103. Major Pentatonic
104. Major Pentatonic Mode 1
108. Major Pentatonic Mode 5
109. Major Scale
110. Major-Minor Scale
111. Melodic Minor
112. Mi Sheberach
113. Minor Gypsy
114. Minor Gypsy Inverse
115. Minor Locrian
116. Minor Pentatonic
117. Minor Scale
118. Minor-Major Scale
121. Mixolydian b6
122. Mixolydian Bebop
123. Mixolydian Hexatonic
124. Miyako Bushi
125. Natural Minor Scale
126. Neapolitan Major
127. Neapolitan Major Mode 2
128. Neapolitan Major Mode 4
129. Neapolitan Major Mode 5
130. Neapolitan Minor
131. North Wind Scale
132. Overtone Scale
134. Phrygian b4
140. Prometheus (Liszt)
141. Prometheus Neapolitan
142. Ring Around the Rosie Scale
144. Rock Minor Scale
145. Row, Row Mode 4
146. Row, Row Mode 5
147. Row, Row Scale
149. Spanish Major
150. Spanish Scale 8-Note
151. Super Locrian
152. Super Locrian bb7
153. Suspended Pentatonic
154. Threshing Song Scale
155. Verdi’s Enigmatic Ascending
158. Zeg moeder Scale
Music is an art and a science. Music notes, reading sheet music and music theory are some of the vital aspects that a musician should know by heart. Knowing the different scales there are in music is a very important subject too.
A music scale is any set of music notes ordered by fundamental frequency or pitch. There are music scales for jazz music or for rock music. A music scale defines the type of music you are listening.
This app is great for anyone looking for guitar scales. Actually all the scales contained in this app are useful for all music instruments and for anyone interested in singing.
You don´t need much music notation knowledge to use this app. Knowing music notes and what semitones and tones are is enough.
- Have a common or a strange instrument and want to know how to make chords on it?
- Want to be surprised by smart fingering alternatives that you never thought of?
- Want to experiment with tuning your strings differently?
Much more than a chord finder, a universal chord computer that knows the preferences of humans! ChordLab shows you easy and great-sounding fingerings (tabs) for any chord, for any fretted string instrument (chordophone), real or imaginary, and for any tuning you wish.
No matter if it's a Guitar or a Chinese Liuqin... No matter if it's a Mariachi Vihuela, an Italian Chitarra Battente, or even an instrument invented by you! No matter if it's with a standard tuning or any tuning you decide to experiment with. ChordLab is the expert for every situation.
• Choose from many predefined or custom instruments.
• With a few taps, you can change the tuning of any instrument.
• If it's not there yet, create your own instrument in just a few seconds!
• Choose from 288 chord combinations, including anything from basic chords to folk and jazz chords.
• ChordLab instantly shows you the right fingerings (tabs) with lots of smart alternatives that may surprise you!
• On the top you will see the fingerings/tabs that are easiest and will sound better on your instrument.
• You can duplicate, save, and delete instruments.
• Screen layout optimized for phone, small tablet and big tablet (see screenshots or video).
• No ads! No permissions or internet connection required!
ChordLab is an intelligent universal (multi-instrument and multi-tuning) chord finder that incorporates human preferences in the process of creating tabs. It works for any (real or imaginary) commonly fretted chordophone (string instrument). Commonly fretted chordophones are characterized by having frets in one semitone intervals that start at a common position (called nut).
The example instruments and tunings already present when app is installed:
• Guitar - Standard, Drop D and Irish DADGAD tunings
• Bass Guitar
• Portuguese Guitar
• Mandola and Mandocello
• Ukulele and Banjolele - Standard and Ancient tunings
• Trichordo, Tetrachordo and Irish Bouzouki
• Tenor Banjo - Standard and Irish tunings
• Plectrum Banjo
• Lute (Spanish Laúd) and Bandurria
• Cavaquinho - Standard and Ancient tunings
• Mexican Vihuela
• Jarana Huasteca
Feel free to email the developer regarding any question or suggestion.
Recently being able to play guitar again after around four months of finger pains playing too much before, there was excitment seeing this app with riffs, made by one serious guitar app developer.
Amparosoft have made a whole lot of apps focused on more technical playing so if touching guitar here is a recommendation to check those out:
In either case I am curious about this riff app specially as it is electric guitar based which is pretty new for me.
If only I could finally learn "Smoke on the water" I would be happy...
Nah think that this surely will be much more intriguing than that!
Want inspiration? Looking for an ever expanding guitar lick library of rare and exciting licks covering many different styles, techniques, music genres, and guitarists?
Intuitive Guitar - Best Licks is what you're are looking for. A never ending source for inspiration. These challenging and precise tabs will for certain improve your guitar playing, providing you with a sophisticated library of licks to help you build your own style. Discover amazing and underrated guitar players all over the world.
Be an all rounded player, learn licks from almost any style like Jazz, Rock, Fusion, Shred, Metal, Country, Funk, Blues and more.
Supported by ads providing you with great and ever growing content for free. Additional support is welcomed in the form of subscriptions to support the development of the app and additional licks.
- Several exciting guitar licks for free and more will be added every week
- Many styles of music ranging from Blues, Rock, Fusion, Metal, Country, Funk, Jazz, Shred, and more
- Advanced tab section with loop, speed, equalizer and tonality control
- Several licks in the style of many amazing guitarists
- Each lick has its own video (in our youtube channel)
- Subscribers get the chance of suggesting new licks and supporting the app's growth
What our users think (from youtube):
- "A treasure trove or rare licks"
- "This is such a great service for guitarists everywhere! Great job!"
- "You should get an award for transcribing all these licks! Thanks a lot. Keep it up!"
- "One of the most underrated guitarists around. Also awesome job transcribing that Per madness :D"
We think that in today's digital world privacy is of the utmost importance. You can read the complete policy here: www.amparosoft.com/privacy
NOTE: If you run into any issues, have questions or suggestions, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org
We don't sell licks or tabs. The app is monetized with ads to support its development, the hosting needed to download the licks, and the effort required to make our audios and tabs. Payment is available for generous supporting fans who don't like ads and/or want to see the app grow in quality and number of licks.
We help promote amazing guitar players that are unknown and/or underrated and in this manner providing chances for their own market share to grow. If you still feel that we are violating your copyright, and you are the rightful owner please contact us.
It used to cost 30 euros or something but now when the iRIG 2 is out, there is a lot of chinese vendors dumping the first one for almost nothing.
Have been curious about the Tonebridge app for a while now and to use it properly it is necessary to have an interface and it is supposed to work good with the iRIG and took a look at Ebay and as mentioned above it can be had for almost nothing and postage free...
Well it is sent from China and ordered a lot of things from there and yapps if you have not and decide to, be prepared to wait for about one and half month or two...
(Have ordered maybe thirty or forty things from these places and everything arrived sooner or later to my surprise).
Of course it is supposed to work with Ik Multimedias Amplitube app and Samsung devices but reading the reviews it does not sound too promising...
But will post some impressions of the apps and so forth when it arrives.
Do not have any illusions that it will sound high class using the phone with the iRig but for that I do have some good hardware for my guitar.
But for this price it is worth to check it out and who knows maybe it is possible to coax something nice out of it, or some beautiful Lofi tones?
Plus am really curious about Tonebridge where in difference to Amplitube people write very nice things.
Here is one link to the one I ordered but must say that there was one place that sold it even cheaper! Yapps so it is possible to get it for twenty small monies less...
How to Sound Like Muse - Hysteria with Deplike App. Guitar Amp & Effects For Android and iOS Devices
TuxGuitar have been a free alternative to Guitar Pro for a long time. To be honest thought that TuxGuitar had stopped being developed since some time. Happily enough this is not true and it seems like it is now actively being developed and there is also a version for Android.
Which is good as there is not many guitar note/tablature writing apps.
Of course it aso reads notes/tablature.
The PC/Linux/Mac version is for free and it is supposed to work as a VST as well (Have not tried this). The Android version is for free with ads and have paid ad free version for two and a half monies.
Will give it a swirl these days and hope that it holds up to my expectations!
TuxGuitar is an Open Source multitrack tablature editor and player.
It can open Guitar Pro and PowerTab files.
With TuxGuitar, you will be able to compose music using the following features:
-> Tablature editor
-> Score Viewer
-> Autoscroll while playing
-> Note duration management
-> Various effects (bend, slide, vibrato, hammer-on/pull-off)
-> Support for triplets (5,6,7,9,10,11,12)
-> Repeat open, close and alternative endings
-> Time signature management
-> Tempo management
Copyright (C) 2005 Julian Gabriel Casadesus
TuxGuitar project: http://www.tuxguitar.com.ar
TuxGuitar community: http://community.tuxguitar.com.ar
⭐ New "Practice" feature: As a first step to play and practice scale patterns
✔ Create your exercises for scale patterns
✔ Play the patterns forward, backward or in both directions
✔ Use the speed trainer to increase the tempo step by step
✔ Use the timer to limit your practice time
✔ Save your exercises with all your settings
The developer have made apps before focused on learning and theory for guitar.
This one being the latest and for free until Friday.
He also made a lot of videos that should be of interest for any guitar player out there.
I did destroy my fingers over-practicing guitar two weeks ago, so have not used this app yet...
Yapps wanted to practice an hour a day but got so excited lately with the guitar that it became around three hours of steel string guitar and now paying the price. It have made me kind of depressed as my guitar playing started to sound real good...
But as the fingers recuperate hopefully in a week or so more, want to see if this can help me theory wise.
Why is it that many video courses, guitar lessons, guitarists, apps and tutorials explain the concept of modes for guitar over and over again? Because they are very useful of course, but somewhat fail as one usually ends up with fretboard diagrams filled with dots and patterns and it all seems like a big intellectual challenge to memorize all positions at once, all keys, all strings… so many different combinations, and how to make them sound musical and flow through them without sounding like a robot is going up and down a scale?
We believe the solution is learning through intuition and repetition with carefully designed objective oriented practice routines. Time is important, so optimizing your practice time is essential to make progress and stop wasting time.
This approach to learning the modes of the major scale for guitar is simple and effective, just play along a practice routine for 10 minutes a day and the whole fretboard will start to open up for you. The routines cover all seven modes of the major scale parallel to each other in the key of C. We are approaching guitar fretboard visualization in 3-string shapes that cover only one octave, which makes them easy to manipulate, instead of large 6-string shapes, CAGED, 3 notes per string or other conventional shapes. This process will allow you to always keep in mind the intervallic relationship of the note you're playing against the root. Basic modal theory is included and we focus on the 7 modes of the major scale: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian and Locrian.
- New effortless approach to learning music theory and skills
- Fly through the 7 Modes of the Major Scale
- 21 well designed guitar practice routines for daily practice
- 14 Backing tracks/modal loops with advanced audio pitch-shifting, tempo variations, and an equalizer
- Fully featured tab section with zoom, fast scrolling, loops, tempo and tonality change
- Modal Music Theory
- Built-in Metronome
We think that in today's digital world privacy is of the utmost importance. You can read the complete policy here: www.amparosoft.com/privacy
NOTE: If you run into any issues, have questions or suggestions, please email us to email@example.com
All content is property of AmparoSoft
All music is composed and played by Otto Reina
Interesting concept as you choose a song (or part of a song) and the app adjust the guitar to sound like the guitar in the song. It seems that some devices have too much latency to enjoy the app fully but it can be worth a try if you are a guitar player.
Play your favorite songs in their original sound using your phone or tablet! It's a whole new experience in learning songs.
IT’S LIKE MAGIC
Tonebridge gives you the sound of the original song out of the box. Plug in your guitar* into your phone or tablet and start playing. It’s that simple!
9000+ SONG PRESETS FOR 1000+ ARTISTS
A huge collection of song presets allows you to choose effects from light acoustic sounds of "Come As You Are" to crushing heavy roars of "Master Of Puppets".
WORKS ON EVERY GUITAR
We created presets that sound great on every guitar. Even if you want to play heavy metal on an old Fender, the sound will still be familiar.
• 9000+ presets for popular songs of different genres
• 7500+ demo samples for effect preview
• Collections of presets handpicked by Ultimate Guitar editors
• Intelligent feedback and noise reduction system for clear sound
• Low latency for real-time playing*
• Information about pickup settings
• Preset requests to get a preset that is not already in the app
• Pedalboards to quickly switch between presets
• Ampkit Link
• iRig 2
Note on USB devices: Tonebridge doesn't support USB connection devices like Behringer UCG102, Guitar Link, iRig UA, HD, HD 2 or iRig Pro. These devices use USB for connection, and Tonebridge currently supports only adaptors that use a headphone port for connection. Sorry for that, we're working hard to make USB connection possible. Stay tuned!
Follow @tonebridgeapp on Twitter to read the latest news and secret tricks in Tonebridge.
Have a suggestion or comment? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Rock'n'roll for everyone!
This app has been Superpowered.
* - due to Android latency issues, some devices may not fully support guitar connection in Tonebridge. If you hear latency or experience other problems with the sound, please contact us at email@example.com
By downloading the app you agree to our Terms of Service:
There is a lot of chord apps for guitar on the Play store but this one is definitively my favorite.
It is straight to the point with a clear interface. Choose root and chordtype to the left and press a picture showing how the fingering to hear the chord being played and having the chords shown on a graphic fretboard in the bottom.
Do not hurt that it is for free and no pesky ads!
If you are a guitar player think that this will be enjoyed and of great help.
MobiDic Guitar Chords is an illustrated chord dictionary for acoustic and electric guitar containing about 5000 chords with realistic sound. All examples are shown along with a picture, which provides the best view for left hand positioning.
Its interface allows quick access to the desired chord through lists with tonic and chord types, and even a search engine. This app, developed by brazilians, was tested and approved by great musicians like Yamandu Costa, Nelson Faria, Daniel Sá, Gustavo Assis-Brasil, among others!
There is just some hours left and just saw this...
It is aready funded...but if acting now it is possible to get in to the deal now.
Which is a little bit risky as it can be nice to wait for some reviews first?
Looks very interesting for guitarplayers and is meant to work for Android as well.
Liked that to get an acoustic guitar with the device built in plus app and sounds which did not go for more than 200 euros.
But a lot of other options as well including modifying your own guitar (electric and steel string acoustic).
To read more about it go here:
Please, pretty please make a donation to
Musical android You can do it! It will feel amazing afterwards!!!