Google Play info:
Midi Enabled - Midi Guitar
Turn your acoustic instrument into MIDI controller. Most of the world musical instruments are analog. And MIDI guitar, violin and flute are very expensive. MIDI Enabled app quickly adds MIDI feature to your musical instrument and open a world of digital music creation, recording and performing.How it work?
As you play on your musical instrument, MIDI Enabled converts your playing into MIDI notes instantly and feed them to your DAW/synth/practice apps or any app that accepts virtual MIDI.
Use MIDI Enabled with DAW, Synth or music practice app that accepts virtual MIDI as input source. No extra hardware is required. MIDI Enabled uses your phone microphone to listen to your playing. You can see MIDI notes captured on your DAW/Synth app in real time. Do mute your phone so that any sound played by your DAW will not be echo back to MIDI Enabled.
Note: You may want to use a headset attached to your phone to prevent microphone feedback. Alternatively, you can silent your phone.
Easy as 123:
1. Open MIDI Enabled app
2. Press home key. MIDI Enabled will run in the background. Open your DAW/Synth or any app that accepts virtual MIDI as input. For testing purpose, open sample Android app MidiScope.
3. Start playing your musical instrument. MIDI Enabled will listen on your microphone and send MIDI notes to your DAW/Synth for recording or playing.
- Decode polyphonic and monophonic music.
- Instant key response on your DAW or Synth or music learning app.
- Accurate in the octave range from C3 to C7.
To add Midi data received to your application, please add a MidiDeviceService service to your app. Midi Enabled will automatically detect your app and send data to it. You can cut and paste the source code from Android sample MidiScope MidiDeviceService.java to your app.
1. Android 6.0 and above (I know, there is little users now as on 121116, but I am building for the future!)
As recently I have received some requests to make my musical note detection app compatible with other 3rd party developer apps and with android new Midi sdk. This app listens to the playing of musical instrument (polyphonic or monophonic) and convert them to Midi data instantly(e.g. Key 60 (C4) is being pressed) and send them to other apps like a guitar learning app, DAW or synthesiser (Good for guitar player who want a different sync sound).