nanoloop long-form minimalism
Compilation submissions are now open!
Let's make some long nanoloop tracks!
This is a compilation for those who either can't write tracks short enough to be considered for the usual chiptune compilations, or for those who usually write short tracks and want to experiment a little. Basically anyone who wants to write long-form tracks :D
I've made these a little more strict than I first intended, but consider it a challenge to get creative.
- Any version of Nanoloop is allowed (including multiple copies of same/different versions). This includes the iOS/Android versions, but to even the playing field, please avoid using external samples.
- MINIMUM length of 10 minutes. No maximum.
- ANY genre is fine, but a minimalist/repetitive version of chosen genre is encouraged.
- Submitted tracks must have some consistency throughout the compostion. Tracks with multiple sections are great, but try to avoid a "megamix" of clearly very different pieces. This isn't a collection of EPs.
- NO external effects or sound generators, with the exception of using EQ/compression. Please note that I may get these tracks lightly mastered/limited just to get volume levels consistent.
- External clock signals are permitted, ONLY to control speed of sequencer.
- Editing after recording is permitted.
- Collaborations are permitted and encouraged.
DEADLINE AND SUBMISSIONS
I'd like to get this closed by 1st October 2017.
Upload your submission to Dropbox, Google Drive, your own hosting, or similar, along with a text file containing your artist name, track title, and any additional notes including the version(s) of nanoloop used. Feel free to get as academic or wanky as you like :D
I'll aim for a mid-October or early November release, depending on how long it takes me to get artwork together and master it.
To submit tracks go here: