Remixlive is being sold as a remix of already made loops, but is that really fun for anyone serious about music making?
Luckily it is also possible to do direct recording and load loops all made from scratch. What makes it attractive too is that it is made with performance in mind and as such can be used in live settings and jams.
Like that the effects comes with X-Y pads and not faders or similar.
So it can be a good thing to look into Remixlive if working a lot with samples.
Anyho this is not why this post is being made it was more to mention that it is more control over the sample editing with the latest update which makes things more interesting.
This version adds Waveform zoom, a new feature offering more control and improving the sample editor!
Display samples in full screen and edit them accurately:
- Edit start & end points to create a new loop.
- Adjust ADSR sample parameters to make them crispier or softer.
Recently Remixlive made finger drumming a thing and here is one videos to show how that works plus one video overview of the basic functions.
Other update today is:
// IMPROVED IMPORT OF SAMPLES
You can now set manually the bpm when importing samples, or change it after.
You can specify & change key of samples, especially for imported samples.
You asked them, we are doing them: NEW sidebar section containing tutorials.
The tutorials are on the sidebar menu on the left, just below the Import Sounds section.
Free to ask questions in the comments section of our video tutorials.
Google Play info:
If you missed the Beta announcement...
Seems like a nice app to use if you are a sample/loop fanatic or just need a good sampler in your life. Comes with direct recording and editing in the same app so just like a real sampler then!
Comes with four different in-app purchases depending on your needs... Export/Import I guess would be a high priority for example!
The essential app for instant remixing, powered by pro samples. Remix music with synced loops, sounds & FX.Mixvibes, the pioneer of digital DJing, introduces the perfect remix toolbox: lay down samples on a grid of pads and tweak them in seconds. Don't have any production hardware? Remixlive is all you need to turn ideas into high-quality tracks.
Want to create unique songs? Record live input through the device's microphone and capture any sound, voice or instrument. Fine-tune your samples like in a DAW production software by editing their length and envelope (ADSR). Play several samples per column in multiple mode to create rich and layered sounds.
Remixlive is optimized for live performance: change the tempo, adjust samples' tone or play them in reverse mode, all in real time!
/// PRO-SOUNDING SAMPLES
• Grid: 24 pads on mobile, 48 on phablets & tablets.
• 48 samples per pack: beats, basslines, melodies, vocals and FX samples.
• 24 sample packs, ranging from Hip-Hop to Dubstep - and more to come.
• Artist pack by legendary DJ/producer Carl Cox and more to be added.
• Create new packs by mixing and matching samples from existing packs.
• Colored pads: choose among 16 colors to customize your grid.
/// REMIX TOOLBOX
• Instant FX pad: Delay, Filter, Flanger, Reverb, and many more.
• Control levels, filters, Mute and Solo on each channel.
• Professional-sounding three-band EQ on each channel (phablet & tablet only).
• Loop your track using the different beat-repeat pads, from 2 bars down to a single beat.
• Live BPM control (time stretching): change the tempo on the fly without changing the pitch.
• Multiple Mode: play several pads per column simultaneously.
• Trigger an entire line of samples at once with a simple swipe across the screen.
• Record your performance iMP4.
• Share your recordings via email & SoundCloud, or open them in other apps.
• Tempo tap: tap a beat to adjust the Master BPM value.
/// EDIT SAMPLES
• Edit Play mode (loop, one-shot, gate), Quantize, Gain, ADSR, Pan, Loop Division, Reverse.
• New Retrigger mode: tap on a sample to replay it from the beginning.
• Import your own samples directly from your library (MP3,WAV,Ogg,MP4,AAC/M4A, 16/24 bits, 32 seconds max).
• Record any sound or voice through the device's mic or from any Android-compatible microphone or sound card.
• Load, move and duplicate any sample, anywhere on the grid.
• Transpose: raise or lower the tone of your samples.
• Audio limiter: avoid saturation.
• Search all samples or browse samples by category: Packs, Loops, Sounds or User.
Please make a donation to