Writing this as they have a specific Android app to use their DAW. Which makes it easier than connecting to their website first, just making everything more streamlined.
There are options out there, the ones that come to mind is Audiotool being more electronic music making friendly and Bandlab being very focused on the social and collaborative aspect (Well to be honest Soundtrap as well).
But as always what generates most inspiration should rule and maybe Soundtrap is better?
(Have not used any of these three... touched Audiotool lightly and found it to be very interesting with a lot of virtual instruments and effects.)
They have pricing plans and the free one have limits set to five projects and fewer things in general.
In this aspect, Auditool and Bandlab are better for sure.
Plug in your own instrument, use the software instruments available in Soundtrap or just record a song directly with a mic— it's super-easy!
You can record, edit and collaborate on your songs wherever you are on almost any device: everything is stored in the cloud!
Moreover, with Soundtrap you don't have to be alone in your creative moments. You can share the fun of making music in real-time with friends using text and video chat and real-time collaboration.
For example, start a new song using all the built in professional loops and software instruments on your tablet when on the bus, continue on your Chromebook when arriving at home, invite a couple of friends, who are working on Mac and Windows devices, and conduct a video chat from within the studio coming up with the bass line for the song and finally find a didgeridoo player in the Soundtrap community laying down a unique ending of the song; you are all working in the same project seeing and hearing all the changes.
It's like Google Docs, but for music production! Experience the new way of making music together.
- Create music with a large set of high-quality, professional loops.
- Record vocals, electric guitars, acoustic guitar, bass and more.
- Use the preamp and the large number of high-quality guitar, bass and vocal effects
- Play the built-in sampled instruments (piano, organ, synths, drums)
- Save your recordings in the cloud
- Invite friends to collaborate on the recording using, for example, video chat possibilities.
- Share your recordings on Facebook, Twitter and SoundCloud
- Distribute your music on iTunes, Deezer, Spotify, Rhapsody and Google Play
- Use it on Windows, Mac, Chromebook, Linux, iOS and Android