People that did try it though seem to be pretty excited about it.
Here is what the developer says about it on the Caustic Forum:
Caustic Guide can;
- Create new empty Templates or a Template from an existing .caustic file, A Template is a proxy of a .caustic file with metadata. A Template holds other things as well like Remix Scenes and Clips etc.
- When choosing a .caustic file to create as Template, you can play the .caustic file in the browser real-time and look at another users' metadata they added.
- Export Templates as a .caustic file with metadata that shows in the popup when the Caustic App is opened.
- Batch export Caustic presets for each or selected machines.
- Batch export Sounds(complete machine state, preset, effects, mixer, pattern data, pattern automation, song pattern track, song piano roll, song automation.) Custom metadata can be applied to all Sounds before export.
- Export a Group of Sounds. This is 1..15 Sounds that are proxies for a full Caustic machine state as listed above.
When importing a .caustic file with Modulars that have MachineInput components, the Group export screen will list the master and slave relationships. Also, checking a Master will select all slave machine automatically for export in the group.
- The classic example of the power of Group export is Jason's DSP kits, you can now import them into a new or existing .caustic file within seconds.
- Import Preset, Sound or Group into an existing Template. When importing, you will have the granular option of importing any piece of the Sound e.g. mixer, patterns automation etc that you will use.
- Plus more to come that is currently turned off right now.
The benefits of this app once you understand it only compound how powerful Caustic itself can be with sequencing and arranging. Caustic Guide allows you to share library items with others and build your own library of anything you can imagine.
I have basically broken up Caustic's file format into tiny pieces and allow you to save and reload at will all of those components
If interested in trying out the app right now go here: