Using the same Core as Caustic making his application totally integrated with Caustic he has been working on the idea of expanding and being able to use Caustic for direct/live arrangements.
Yes of course you can use Caustic for live playing but CausticLive will take it to another level and you will be able to easily use CausticLive in a live setting or just for arranging things on the fly and many more things.
For example you do a bunch of loops, beats or one shot samples but when you open them up in CausticLive they will not be Wav. files but with all the different parameters of the soundengines/effects intact as they were in Caustic. Transferred into CausticLive you can make arrangements in direct time plus manipulating effects volume etc,
save and then take it back to Caustic where it will open in its new guise. (If you so desire).
There is many functions planned for this and it will be made for using in P.C and on Android tablets and if you think that SPC music sketchpad is interesting this together with Caustic will blow your mind.
The video that you are about to see is the first real showing of it,
but it is still a long time before it will be ready for using with Android.
But it will be a good thing when it comes!
Here is what is planned for version one:
- Load libraries of imported .caustic machine mixer/effect and phrase data into its channels.
- Have 64 (could be 128 in the future if users wanted it) assignable pattern pads for oneshots, loops our measure queued loops.
- Play patterns that were loaded Live changing real time to record out to a stereo mix.
- Play patterns Live in a measure locked queue that will record the performance out to a song sequence that can be save as a .caustic file and loaded back into Caustic 3.
- Perform with x/y pads, sliders, knobs and adjust and automate machine/synths params real time.
- Adjust mixer settings real time and record.
- Easily export out constructed patterns as loop wave or MIDI.