My impression is that the Android versions it allows for on the Play Store are set to low.
So to be aware that it could be problematic on a device that is not strong even if it is said that it should be working.
So here are all the specifications:
Jasuto allows you to visually construct your own synths/effects, and use them to make sequences all on your device! With the addition of a fully-featured sampler you can now record/resample/edit, and even create entirely new samples by drawing right in the app.
Jasuto uses the relative position of nodes and their connections to control the sound. So the scene not only represents the synthesis structure, but also a custom multi-touch control surface. Motion can be recorded per node giving you rich, flexible automation.
Connections can be created automatically by simply dragging nodes around, or manually. Each wire can be double-tapped to allow even more control of each connection.
Jasuto comes installed with 75+ modules as well as 200+ pre-loaded scenes and samples. Each of the modules have been hand-optimized for your device's CPU, allowing you to create extremely complex scenes.
- Anti-aliased oscillators with hard-sync, FM, PWM, PM
- Analog style filters (ap, lp, hp, bp, ladder emulation)
- Signal control (compressor, limiter, gate, follower)
- Zoomable sampler editor with several loop modes (normal, 1 shot, ping, granular)
- ADSR envelope editor
- Multipage/octave sequencer
- Tape style analog delay
- Reverb, phaser, several waveshapers
- Resample/record the current playback
- Audio copy via the pasteboard
- Incoming OSC for notes and CC's
[FEATURES AND UPDATES INTRODUCED IN v1.6]
- Updated UI graphics
- Zillions of bugs squashed
- A shiny new manual
- Added background audio support
- Low latency audio (256 samples)
- Sample sharing through SoundCloud
- Dropbox syncing of samples/scenes
- New ADSR2, AP, Brick, EXP, Mix, Power, ZeroX, Tanh, Gain Node Modules
- High Fidelity (HI-FI) audio
- Additional Node Modules: Chorus, Detuned, Dirty, Morph and Space
- MIDI-In & Out support with tempo sync
- Nodes can now be grouped together
- Solo nodes and groups
- New Convolution Module
- New nodes: Abs, Clamp, Delay2, Pan, Group/GRecv/Gsend, MidiNote, MidiCC & Synced
- Sampler node is now in stereo & has higher quality interpolation
- Bands can now edit individual bins while frozen
- Fixed insert bug
- Additional bugs and behind the scene fixes
- Delay nodes are tempo syncable
- LFO is triggerable, syncable & now has 4 shapes
- New Scenes and Samples added
We've only been testing version 1.6 on modern Android devices (Arm7 based with or without NEON). If you have an issue with a device, please post in our forum.
Here is a demonstration of the app on a iOS device and you get a idea of how deep the app can be. There is also some older tutorials that the developer made but not for the new update. There is also the video on the Play Store that seems like it is not uploaded to YouTube. Luckily there is a new manual available on the website and much more information plus a forum.
Play Store link:
Jasuto Modular Synthesizer