But it is available now to check out.
NOISE is a powerful modular music app that lets you make music in minutes, whether you’re a beginner or a pro musician. Using simple, easy-to-learn gestures, you can create beats, melodies and songs with a huge library of sounds. NOISE was developed by music technology pioneer ROLI, and the app’s expressive power can be expanded with ROLI BLOCKS, the modular music studio.
A NEW APPROACH TO MAKING MUSIC
Your touch screen becomes a real musical instrument with NOISE, which lets you shape sounds by drumming the screen, gliding your fingers along it, pressing into it, and lifting off. You make music through intuitive gestures on a grid of colorful pads. Each pad is a particular instrument or a note in a scale.
AN INSTRUMENT AND A STUDIO IN ONE
NOISE makes you both a performer and a producer. Start by choosing from custom-made sounds that range from bongo drums to string sections to zithers. Shape those sounds into beats and melodies, and record them as loops. Then mix and match these loops and build amazingly multi-layered songs.
DESIGNED FOR LEARNERS
If you love listening to music but don’t think you can play an instrument, NOISE may change your mind. It’s a fun, interactive learning tool. In Learn Mode, just trace illuminated Light Trails to learn how to shape beats and melodies. Choose from one of 15 scales, and the notes of that scale light up on the grid. Turn on Hide Mode to always stay in tune — it hides notes that not in the key. Use Snap Mode to stay in time — it snaps your performance to the tempo.
STAR MUSICIANS ARE SHARING THEIR SOUNDS (Coming soon)
Grimes, RZA, Steve Aoki, and other world-renowned artists are releasing signature soundpacks for everyone making music with NOISE. Build your next song with sounds straight from the studio of a professional artist. Available through in-app purchase and on NOISE.fm.
ROLI BLOCKS TAKES YOUR MUSIC TO THE NEXT LEVEL
The power of NOISE expands when it’s connected to ROLI BLOCKS, the modular music studio. Pairing wirelessly, NOISE is the software engine for BLOCKS. Visit www.roli.com to learn more about the Lightpad Block, the central Block in the system. On the Lightpad Block’s pressure-sensitive, illuminated surface you shape sound in all the ways you do in NOISE, with a surface that lets you be even more expressive.
- Google Pixel, Pixel XL
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 (SM-T820), S7 Edge (SM-G935T), S6 (SM-G920F)
- OnePlus A3010, A3003, A3000
- Motorola Z (XT1650)
- LG V20 (US996, H990, H910), G5 (F700S, H850, H820, LS992, H830, H831), G6 (VS988)
- ZTE Axon (A2017U)
- Xiaomi MI 5
- Lenovo Z2 PlusWHAT'S NEWKnown Issues
- After signing in, the app may falsely report device/midi errors
- You must enable bluetooth before launching NOISE
- Crash may occur when dismissing certain popups
- BLOCK may fail to connect properly via Bluetooth. Symptoms include: the BLOCKS registering no input; very high touch-latency; LEDs remain black; the "Connecting..." LED animation does not stop. Re-connecting the BLOCK via the bluetooth selector should resolve the issue