and now it is out of Beta and in the Play Store.
It hides much more potential than is obvious at first glance.
It's main point is the round keyboard and now when I tried it seems a little bit strange that it is not (to my knowledge) any other apps that are using the same concept.
Having the keyboard circular makes it mush easier to play on a screen instead of laid out as a normal vertical keyboard.
The developer thinks that it should be used on a tablet but myself think that it works very well on a smaller screen where it is more or less impossible to play chords with keyboard.
In this way there is no problems at all.
So there is a lot of small well thought out tricks to this one that you can see in the video and the general information.
It is for free and with no publicity and the developer seems pretty keen on getting this developed much further. He encourages people to join the testing team (see the Playstore info).
I do enjoy it and will use it in my music making for sure.
Play Store Info:
/!\ The app is still in development. You're welcome to try it out and give your feedback though !Ronde is a synthesizer designed for touchscreen devices. It aims to make playing and recording sounds live easily, with its ring-shaped keyboard. Best used on tablets.
Features implemented yet :
- choose from a selection of waveforms
- play multiple notes simultaneously by tapping or sliding on the keys
- record and play a loop over any number of beats
- add or remove notes on the go by simply grabbing the borders of the keys (only on tablets)
- apply a range of effects to the waveforms, including detuning, portamento, vibrato and tremolo
- control the ADSR envelope of the waveform
- play multiple sounds at the same time, by simply opening a new tab
- control the volume of each sound with the built-in mixer
- easy, on-the-go pulse changes
If you're interested to test future release of the app, please suscribe at : https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/108945838602942236302?cfem=1