There is the possibilities to upload pre-recorded tracks as well so it could be a very nice app to have for people in for example the Caustic community to make tracks together.
Or you are a lonely musician having recorded a acoustic guitar track and get some more instrumentation in there. I think that Songtree will lead musicians to find each other all over the world that they like and can continue to work with. Plus that there will be musical surprises in regards to how people treats the source material.
Can also see how it can be used to find new material to jam to and as it is easy to hit record you will have contributed to someones music.
It is for free and think that it is generous of n-Track to support this and to host all the tracks.
I guess they do it for the publicity of the DAW that they sell but it is a very nice publicity.
The DAW is not expensive and the workflow seems pretty nice (Have not tried it on PC). There is a stripped down version for Android that can export projects into the Windows/MAC version.
Songtree will also be integrated in their next version n-Track Studio that is supposed to come out soon and buying Version seven will get you number eight for free.
Have mentioned Songtree sometimes during the Beta testing and will for sure continue to mention Songtree many more times as they do compilations of the best collaborations every month and this is one of the great things that happened in mobile music making 2015. Simple idea but have not really been done before in this way with live recorded music. Plus being very well executed.
It makes me excited to involve myself musically into some of the trees as soon as time permits!
To go the website:
Play Store info:
Songtree is a FREE collaborative recording app that allows you to create songs, edit, add effects and post them to the Songtree online community."Best new app for musicians" for Synthopia, Discchord, MusicRadar, Fact Magazine, Hispasonic, UnoCero, PalmSounds and Aux.tv
User reviews: "What a wonderful way to collaborate creatively!"
The app includes everything you need to make music - no other recording software is required.
The app features:
• Built-in metronome
• High quality audio effects including Echo, Reverb, Compression, Phaser, Chorus/Flanger, Tube Amp
• Cut, copy and paste tracks, add fades, loop parts
• Record using your device built-in mic or external adapter
Use Songtree Recorder to create songs with other musicians:
• Start a recording session that others can join, or
• Contribute to other people’s songs: download a track another user has posted and use it as base track, jam on it and post the result back online. As new tracks are posted a ‘tree’ of songs gradually grows, with each branch a new track added to the song
• Share your work to Facebook and Twitter or invite other music creators to join your recording
• If you find a talented musician or singer, give them a like or a comment and join them with your instrument
If you have problems, comments or suggestions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your feedback is helping us to improve the app.
* More ways to import/export tracks