Things that jumped me and made me horny...
MetaModule: EDIT button has been added; now you can edit MetaModules without annoying Loading/Saving.
- One of the many cool things with SunVox is the Metamodule which make sit possible to build your own soundengines and effects into "Vst/i's" for SunVox. Before this option it was not a lot of hassle but it had it's limitations now it is real easy to experiment and rebuild the Metamodule.
Sampler: the following options have been added: Record on play (use it if you want to record in sync with the PLAY button), Record in mono, Record with reduced sample rate, Record in 16bit.
- Hey, it is not perfect but this makes it much, much easier to do everything in SunVox as recording vocals and guitars etc in sync with the rest of the track. Before there was the possibility to record things directly into the sampler but it could be very hard to synch it up afterwards. This is now no longer the case. The only problem is with longer recordings as it is recorded into the sampler it would be triggered from the beginning of the recording and not in for example the middle. So the solution is to record by parts like one verse of vocals for example... or record the whole track then re-record parts into another sampler directly in between the sample modules.
SpectraVoice improvements: auto render, additional sample size, new band types (random, triangle1, triangle2, overtones1, overtones2, overtones3, overtones4).
-Spectravoice is a interesting synthesizer that is good as it has its own character the problem before that it was highly annoying to program and in the end personally I never used it except from an occasional preset. Now this has changed and it will be much easier to program.
There is more and some of the new functions have bigger implications than my tiny brain has to catch up with before realizing the implications!
Here is the whole list:
- audio engine has been switched to 32bit (Floating Point) mode on Android and iOS devices (except the slow devices without FPU);
- other than 44100 sampling rate support for iOS and Android (only if the audio hardware supports it);
- new Module View (Routing) functions: Zoom (with multitouch support), Snap to Grid;
- MetaModule: EDIT button has been added; now you can edit MetaModules without annoying Loading/Saving;
- MetaModule: additional options: Arpeggiator (change the pitch of internal MetaModule patterns), Apply velocity to song;
- Sampler: the following options have been added: Record on play (use it if you want to record in sync with the PLAY button), Record in mono, Record with reduced sample rate, Record in 16bit;
- SpectraVoice improvements: auto render, additional sample size, new band types (random, triangle1, triangle2, overtones1, overtones2, overtones3, overtones4);
- Sound2Ctl: "Record Values" option has been added; now all values from this module can be recorded alongside with the other SunVox events (notes, Theremin, etc.);
- offset commands (effect codes 09 and 07) support has been added to the following modules: Generator, Analog Generator;
- MultiSynth: new controller "Random phase" has been added; for example, with this option you can play the Sampler's notes from the random position;
- MultiSynth: new controller "Random velocity" has been added;
- Analog Generator: new option "Filter freq. scaling per key (reverse)";
- Analog Generator: new controller "Noise" - amount of the white noise;
- new pattern command: Previous Track (displayed as <<); use it to apply effects to previous track; but the following secondary effects are not allowed: 2x, 40..5F, 1D;
- new button in the Pattern Editor: Spec.Cmd - press it to insert a special command (Set Pitch or Previous Track);
- additional MIDI slot has been added to the Preferences; now you can use two MIDI keyboards simultaneously;
- Timeline section has been added to the Preferences;
- new option: Preferences -> Timeline -> Show timeline (always show Timeline on the screen);
- new keyboard shortcut: SHIFT + F9 - record start/stop;
- new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + [ - transpose octave down;
- new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + ] - transpose octave up;
- new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): CTRL + m - paste and mix;
- new keyboard shortcut (pattern editor): SHIFT + k - insert the "Previous Track" special command;
- new simple song examples: spectravoice2, metamodule_arpeggiator, metamodule_arpeggiator2, std_effect_multitrack, std_effect_multitrack2, std_effect_multitrack3;
- new song examples: alchemy_masters, full_moon_night;
- bugs fixed;
- more in the final release...
So if you want to play with already you can download it for
PC / Linux / OSX / PalmOS / Windows Mobile here: