This time not so much in your face exciting new features as last time but some really nice updates when it comes down to the workflow.
Maybe the most exciting update for the Android version is the possibility to import midi files and to be able to mute and solo patterns directly in the timeline.
Also really like that now you can create patterns by double-clicking in the timeline.
And personally when it comes to the Linux/Windows/Mac version is to finally be able to record directly into the sampler as you can do with the mobile versions and to have ASIO support.
if you are using Android and want to be serious about making music you kind of owe it to yourself to get SunVox.
It can be hard if you are unused to more advanced programs but there is a lot of tutorials and the forum is really helpful and you don't have to use all the functions-
You could just use it for the playing synths and samples from the "theremin" style controller or just use it for the synthesizers or as a sampler or effect unit or
sooooooooooo much more and swap inbetween a lot of operating systems or friends,
remember all the files are intact all information gets stored in the saved file...
and it is truly one of the more stabile applications that exist for Android and it doesn't even require a powerful phone.
I could go on and on but-
SunVox is Amazing!
Well here is the update list for Android:
* improved Compressor algorithm;
* default base note for WAV/AIFF samples is C5;
* sound engine optimization;
* added MIDI import;
* per-pattern Mute/Solo (Timeline menu -> Toggle mute / Toggle solo);
* added ability to create a new pattern by double clicking on an empty area of the Timeline;
* new Timeline function - Slice Pattern(s) (knife position = current playing position);
* new songs;
* new instruments;
* bugs fixed;
* and more... (See some of them below)...
The updates for Windows/Linux/Mac and some for other OS's:
- iOS: added Virtual MIDI Port;
- iOS: support of Audiobus;
- iOS: support of 4-Inch display;
- support of JACK Audio Connection Kit (for iOS and Linux);
- improved Compressor algorithm;
- default base note for WAV/AIFF samples is C5;
- SunVox file is now includes additional information: timeline cursor position, current module, current pattern;
- sound engine optimization;
- new ASIO driver options;
- Input Module (Mic/Line-in capture) is now also available for Linux (ALSA), Windows (MME,DirectSound,ASIO), Windows Mobile (with full duplex drivers only) and OSX;
- extended list of the audio buffer sizes in the Preferences->Audio: 128, 256, 512, 768, 1024, 1280, 1536, 1792, 2048, 2560, 3072, 4096;
- new options in the Preferences->Audio: Driver, Output Device, Input Device, Frequency;
- new option in the Preferences->Interface: Window Parameters (width, height, fullscreen mode); fullscreen mode is only compatible with Windows and Linux;
- added options for the MultiSynth: Use static note C5 (treat all received notes as C5); Ignore notes with zero velocity;
- new Pattern Editor function - Slice by cursor;
- added MIDI import; now you can load any MIDI files directly through the Load Song dialog;
- added support of the following MIDI commands: Start, Continue, Stop;
- number of MetaModule User Defined Controllers can be changed from 0 to 13;
- added MIDI Omni Mode (all MIDI channels will be accepted);
- new option in the Preferences->Interface: Show virtual keyboard; use it to show or hide virtual qwerty keyboard;
- scrolling when highlighting in the Sample Editor;
- per-pattern Mute/Solo (Timeline menu -> Toggle mute / Toggle solo);
- Vorbis Player is now supports the sample offset commands (09 and 07);
- added ability to create a new pattern by double clicking on an empty area of the Timeline;
- new Timeline function - Slice Pattern(s) (knife position = current playing position);
- new std. pattern effect 23 - set controller value to the random number with range from XX (00..FF) to YY (00..FF);
- new std. pattern effect 1F - set BPM;
- new songs: Manwe - Early Fall remake (original by Tangrine), kostya_m - Midnight, take_my_hand, follow_the_sun;
- new simple examples: metamodule_test, metamodule_with_automation, random_ctl_values_with_range, trance, compressor2;
- new instrument (pads): moving_pad, vocal_synth, filter_slide_up, analog, analog2, analog3, analog_distorted, space, violin, violin2, violin3, violin4;
- new instrument (keyboard): analog10, fm2, bell2;
- tons of bugs fixed.
Homepage and Forum: